- A gold mine of local talent, this nonprofit gallery is run by Betsy Featherston, former owner of much missed Featherston Gallery and SEEDARTS. If you want original work but can't spend a fortune, this is a great find. They have classic, contemporary, and modern art. Upstairs each artist has an additional pull out wall of art and there are drawers of more unframed work. The tiny gift gallery is also full of all local, all handmade crafts and jewelry.
15th Ave NE & NE 41st St University of Washington campus, Seattle
- This is more like a museum than a typical art gallery that sells prints. The gallery hosts contemporary artists and is well known internationally for its research. It really is a great place to spend an afternoon.
- The space is incredible for events and the artists that are represented there are so talented. Laura Van Horne, Genna Draper and Jen Chambers are a few of my favorites. I highly recommend for the perfect piece of art for your home or office and if you are looking for a cool venue to do an event.
- I was looking to purchase some art for my new house and found this gallery through online resources. If you want original work but can't spend a fortune, Davidson is a good option. They have work on paper from tons of classic, contemporary, and modern artists. If you see something you like in the back, Rebecca can pull the artist's full portfolio and take you on a tour of their pieces. There's a little reconnaissance involved, but that's part of the fun. They also have an extensive collection online.
- Davidson Galleries is committed to ethical dealing of fine original prints. We have something for everyone, and art available for every budget. Our staff is friendly and approachable, and happy to guide shoppers through the process of how to buy art.
- They have an incredible collection of traditional and contemporary Japanese art. Their staff and owners and extremely helpful but also hands off, letting your browse and explore but readily available for questions and consultations.
Ask for Recommendations
Need help finding the right art gallery? Ask your friends.