- SMN are the best. Always find great date night nannies at a reasonable rate. They are all vetted and so far we've had great luck.
- Spilt Milk Nannies is fantastic. Erin is so efficient, and has a wonderful group of vetted nannies. Everyone we've used has been amazing with our daughter, and we always feel like we're in good hands when we use them. They have a long waitlist, so sign up early. Worth the $60/quarter + babysitting/nanny fees.
- Spilt Milk Nannies has been our go-to childcare provider for the past 8 years. We started using them when our son was an infant, and he is now 9! All of the sitters are background checked and CPR certified, which is what drew me to them. Erin (the owner) is very responsive and will help you with special requests. I've never had a sitter I don't feel comfortable leaving my son with. I also love having access to quality child care with 24 hours notice! I highly recommend Spilt Milk.
- This place is a gem. You walk in and feel like you never want to leave. In non-COVID times, you can actually stop, hang out, and play. They have a great selection and a friendly, knowledgeable staff. Worth a drive if you don't live close by.
- Whenever I need games or puzzles for my kids (say, at the start of a winter or spring break), I visit Blue Highway. They have a dizzying array of games for people of all ages. You'll likely find yourself spending a lot more time in there than you planned...
- Fantastic game store, able to get anything you need, super helpful and friendly!
- My daughter has been taking cello lessons from Ebony at the Central District location and loves it! It's not even hard to convince her to practice! Others have told me they've had similarly good experiences with other teachers / instruments. They also have a new location in Columbia City.
- Great school with a variety of excellent teachers on many different instruments.
- Just started in the fall I have a great teacher named Ebony and I’ve learned a lot.
Ali White MacBeth
- I was on the fence about joining PEPS as I am an older parent. I am thankful I did! The information and friendships I made have been so valuable. It’s an amazing program.
- Being a first time parent was daunting but having a PEPS community was a life saver. Going through the earliest stages of parenting with a group with kiddos the same age and having a chance to talk supporting our kids and each other was so helpful.
- I am so passionate about PEPS. They are not just a wonderful organizations for parents and offer a great set of programs, but I have had the pleasure to work with the team previously and I have never met a more passionate group of people about serving the needs of their communities. If you have a baby or are about to have a baby, got check out PEPS, you won't regret it!
- This is a great store. If you're planning a birthday party, or want some seasonal crafts, this is your place. They also have a fairly large selection of toys, games, stuffies, and gifts, and the quality of all of that stuff is really high; they clearly curate their merchandise very well.
- Love this place. No matter what kind of balloon I need, they always have a great option in stock. Also, the staff are incredibly helpful.
- I have little kids which means lots of little kid birthday parties. It's so nice to be able to go somewhere in person and pick up something quickly.
- Great staff and really fun classes from beginner to advanced, you'll find a niche here.
- If you are near NE Seattle and Magnuson park, Tennis Center Sand Point is a semi public club and is outstanding for all ages. Membership is less than $150 per YEAR! 10 indoor courts and full staff.
- These guys run one of the best athletic programs for kids. Incredible instructors who I found myself leaning in to listen to for tips (while watching my kid practice).
- LegUp matches you with daycare and preschool providers and manages the enrollment process so you don't have to! They are so helpful in helping families navigate the process of finding and securing a spot for daycare or preschools through listening to your needs, finding trusted and licensed centers, and doing all of the work for you!
Jessica M Shapiro
- Camp Solomon Schechter is amazing! It's a Jewish camp located in Tumwater, WA - very close to Olympia. Tons of activities, a gorgeous setting right on a private lake, and a chance to make incredible friends. I went there for 9 years. All 3 of my kids go now. It starts when you're entering into 2nd grade. Sessions range from 1 week to 3. They just started a 6 week option. Many of my closest friends are the friends I made at Schechter. Can't say enough good stuff about it.
- My 3 kids have been attending CSS for the last 5 years and look forward to it every year. We consider ourselves a reformed, interfaith Jewish household and it’s important to us that our kids are comfortable with the level of Judaism - and can feel at home while they are away. Camp Solomon Schechter is that are more! We love it!