- They did a solid job installing central air in my home. The post-install inspection process was a bit of a mess (unclear what was happening when and if someone needed to be home) but otherwise good work.
- They did a nice job with my attic AC install. There were bumps along the way, but they fixed the problems quickly and threw in some free maintenance to smooth things over. Clearly they care about the customer.
- Prompt response to water heater issue/questions on a Sunday morning. Gave a quote for a new heater via text message Sunday afternoon. Installed beautifully Tuesday!
- I really like this store. The sales staff are friendly and knowledgeable, the selection is doors and hardware is impressive, and the turn-around for an in-situ door replacement is just a couple of days.
- I love that I can take my old doors to these guys so they can measure them up (no mistakes!) and then dispose of them. It make replacing your doors that much easier.
- Best selection in town and super helpful.
- They were hardworking and competent, plus they had the cheapest bid. Highly recommended.
- The sump pump for our basement bathroom stopped working, and Price Busters was able to send someone within an hour. They diagnosed the problem and were very transparent with the low/medium/high options. I will definitely use them again next time we have a plumbing need!
- Fast, efficient, reasonably priced and no nonsense. Highly recommend!
- Our garage spring broke, they came out and replaced it and made some suggestions on other things we could do - which we did.
Pepper's Personal Assistants
- Experience: Bernice said they were professional, on time, reasonably priced garage door repair/service. I used them to repair sensor on the garage door for Mercer Island client. The client had to have her garage door repaired and had an excellent experience. Sent someone out same day and within a few hours fixed. (Alison, Bernice, Tatiana & Bernice)
- I've been ignoring that nagging voice in my head that says "You should really get the dryer vent cleaned," for, oh, my whole life. But when the dryer gave me an actual warning light this weekend, I finally listened. Alpine Cleaning came out on the same day I called. Good service, a bit more expensive then I thought it would be ($179), but now I can stop worrying about it for at least another year.
- They have done a great job on client's move out cleans, including a client who had a commercial grade stove hood that my other cleaners couldn't do. Love having Alpine in my resource bucket. They were referred by a luxury real estate agent who has very high standards - that should say something!
- Bob's helped my elderly mother with replacement of a water heater. They were honest and efficient. We have had experiences in past w/other companies that try to take advantage of the elderly. They were excellent!
- I found Peter through recommendations from Kim Rachmeler and Amy Barker. He created and executed a plan for my front yard's landscaping, including redefining the hardscape/grass boundaries, picking a beautiful selection of plants and trees, and procuring/placing/planting them. He accommodated my budget by breaking the overall project into phases, so the work will continue into next year, but it looks great already!
- Peter Lavagnino is a sole proprietor master gardener/landscaper. He selected and planted all of my new landscaping. If you've ever been to the Lambda Legal Garden Party, Peter did the plants on those grounds as well.
- Peter is an amazing gardener who can help choose and place plants in your yard. Great to work with.
- I ordered a new dishwasher and had it installed by Frederick's. The sales person I worked with was knowledgeable, the install timeline short, and the installer was on time, friendly, and efficient. He got the job done quickly and without a mess. If you're anticipating needing a new appliance, now might be a good time to get one -- you'll already be home for the delivery :)
- Refrigerator and Convection/Microwave died on the same day...in the middle of a big dinner party OF COURSE...Fredericks made it super easy to replace everything in one day - Thank You! :)
Wondering what everyone thinks of adding air filtration to their central air, and if the allergens in Seattle are worth the investment? Curious to ...
2 days ago
You want to make sure to change the filters every 90 days. When I lived in Texas ours were really gross after just a few months. I would hate to have been breathing all that in unnecessarily.
Yes, you should use filters and spend a few minutes picking the right one. You want to get a filter that can handle Seattle's wildfire smoke, and if you spend a bit more it'll even filter out many viruses. Never thought that would be important...
Higher MERV numbers will cost a bit more and put a bit more strain to your HVAC. I would categorize filters as generally pretty cheap, though, and modern HVAC should be able to handle the load. Last summer we put in Nordic Pure MERV 12 for wildfire smoke. This summer we are using MERV 14 to minimize virus exposure. I had to order those directly from Nordic Pure since Amazon didn't carry our filter size.
As the pool rehab project continues, next step is to install a new gas heater... which means extending a gas line out to our garage where the pump ...
6 days ago
Hey @amd, I just called and Blue Flame answered the phone. I suppose maybe they got acquired?
Hi Robert, I am not sure what phone number we had for Energy Works, but I have corrected it in our system. Try this number- 425.409.5661. I apologize for the confusion. Thanks for the call out!
Thanks, @meredf , I called the new number. Found out that the guy who founded Blue Flame sold it and started a new company, Energy Works. I set up an site visit for next week.
We are considering painting the exterior of our 1932 stucco house. It's never been painted, and the stucco is in good shape. I want to look at gett...
7 days ago
Hello Kristy. Having owned several older homes myself (including my current 1927) I very, very highly recommend Hector Samayoa. Hector's team is not only extremely professional, they do all the little things that many, many other painters won't. First off, no sprays. Never. They only brush and role. You will notice the difference, believe me. Second off, the prep they do to tapping everything off carefully is second to none. I can say without a doubt that our last home sold for about 25% above list almost completely due to the paint job that Hector did inside and out. His number is: (206) 432-1748 freshchalk.com/hector-samay...