Sylvan Lake State Park Cabin
Have you used Sylvan Lake State Park Cabin?
Share your story.
Located in the heart of the Rocky Mountains and White River National Forest, Sylvan Lake is at 8,500 feet in elevation within aspen, pine, and fir forests. During the fall season the aspens turn ablaze! There is no cell service or electricity, so you can really disconnect from your hectic life, get away from it all, and reconnect with nature. Furnished cabins sleep 6 persons with an outdoor vault toilet nearby and a hydrant for drinking water. Flush toilets and coin showers are available seasonably, and pets are permitted in some cabins. Miles of park trails, canoeing, kayaking, boating, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, and ice fishing are all at your fingertips. This is a particularly good spot for trout fishing and is well stocked. We cooked ours over an open fire! Being central to Vail, Aspen, and Glenwood Springs makes this spot an easy base camp for day trips.
See more from
Heather's Glamping Guide to the West
About Sylvan Lake State Park Cabin
Each cabin sleep up to 6 people and are approximately 260 square feet.
Camper Cabin Amenities:
- Limited solar lighting; no electricity
- One queen size bed and three twin bunk beds with mattresses
- One fold-out "army" cot
- Table and chairs
- Cupboard and shelves for storage
- Universally accessible outdoor picnic table, fire ring and grill
- Outdoor vault toilet
- Drinking water from nearby hydrant
- Access to the camper services building with flush toilets and coin showers mid-May through mid-October
- Pets are only permitted in Camper Cabins #2 & #8 ($10/night additional fee)
Guests should bring:
- Bedding, such as sleeping bags or blankets and pillows
- Lantern or flashlights
- Camp chairs to gather around the fire
- Appropriate clothing for outdoor activities
Visit the Sylvan Lake State Park Cabin website for booking information.
Eagle, CO 81631