Ready to create an account?

Join Now

Edward Nevraumont
2 months ago • Queen Anne
Home leak
We seem to have a very small leak that happens only when there is a strong "horizontal" rain - a couple of times in the last 3 years. And yhen only a small leak though the bent system.

Looking for recommendations of who we should talk to to get it fixed. I'm not even sure what "category" we should talk to (handyman? Some sort of water expert?)


6 replies
2 months ago
At our house we've had many expensive struggles with leaks from wind driven rain, coming in from Elliott Bay. I would start small and escalate. Have a trusted handyman come in and see if they can find the source. Ask them to caulk everything suspicious on the exterior (on a dry day, of course). Spend a few minutes looking at how the exterior wall and windows are protected. Is there enough flashing? Do you need more gutters above? Is it a permeable surface? These are all questions that you might want to start exploring. I learned a lot about leaks as we lurched from one ludicrous fix to the next. But first, the caulking!
  • 2 months ago
BTW, I have a great handyman if you need one :)
  • 2 months ago
Yes please!
  • 2 months ago
John Gasser - we've done a few projects and he's been excellent. Responsive, smart, works hard, trustworthy. The rest of my extended family immediately mobbed him with jobs too. See tag below.
  • 2 months ago
Thanks. I’ll cal him tomorrow (no email on his FreshChalk page? Or am I doing something wrong?)
  • 2 months ago
Texting or calling works best.
  • 2 months ago

Want to reply? Join Now
By Tag
You're logged out

Find the best products & professionals
with a little help from your friends.

Join Now Log In