2021 Wardrobe Must-Haves

By Susie Cohen

Seattle-based personal stylist Susie Cohen fell in love with fashion at an early age, when she started her career at Bloomingdales in New York. Today, she spends her days at Refind in Seattle's Madison Valley, connecting with women, helping them find their own personal style by curating a fun and workable closet. "In a world forever changed, simplicity and minimalism are having a moment in fashion," Susie says. "Women are putting comfort at the forefront of their wardrobe. But with the everlasting hope for a brighter tomorrow, uplifting colors and vibrant patterns also are bringing an optimistic and joyful mood to the Spring 21 trends." Here are some of Susie's must-have pieces for easy, comfortable, and chic spring looks for $300 and under.

2021 Wardrobe Must-Haves
Wednesday February 17th

Seattle-based personal stylist Susie Cohen fell in love with fashion at an early age, when she started her career at Bloomingdales in New York. Today, she spends her days at Refind in Seattle's Madison Valley, connecting with women, helping them find their own personal style by curating a fun and workable closet. "In a world forever changed, simplicity and minimalism are having a moment in fashion," Susie says. "Women are putting comfort at the forefront of their wardrobe. But with the everlasting hope for a brighter tomorrow, uplifting colors and vibrant patterns also are bringing an optimistic and joyful mood to the Spring 21 trends." Here are some of Susie's must-have pieces for easy, comfortable, and chic spring looks for $300 and under.

... more
Swipe to continue

Everyday Tote

$250
Susie Cohen

"Even though most of us are not going anywhere but the couch, the need to schlep around our stuff remains. And...everyone needs the perfect bag! The choices and styles are limitless and at every price point. This is one of my favorite bags. It is comfortable, durable and on trend. The woven fabric is great for all seasons and it even comes in two colors. I have not taken it off! It also comes with a pouch to put your wipes and sanitizer in, the essential COVID accessory."

Susie Cohen
Jennifer Miller Brown Woven Tote

Effortless Dress

$275
Susie Cohen

"A closet filled with comfortable dresses makes getting dressed effortless. My pick is black with vegan leather detail, but you can take this look in any direction, whether its leopard, florals or bright colors. I love this kind of dress because you take it from day to afternoon to night just with the simple switch of a shoe. You can pair it with everything from a sneaker, chunky boot, or sandal. This piece is comfortable, flattering and can hide those extra COVID pounds you might be carrying."

Susie Cohen
Staud Vincent Dress

Knit Set

$156
Susie Cohen

"Our new normal has sparked an influx of 'luxe loungewear.' If you’re tired of wearing sweats all day, this ribbed hoodie and wide leg pant is a great alternative. This knit poly/spandex knit set from Bloomingdales is one of my favorites. It looks modern chic. You can wear it at home, to the grocery store, or even to a socially distanced get together with your besties. I love the slit detail on the pant for an extra pop. You can make endless outfits with this set whether you pair the pieces together or separate. The price point is great and the colors match with absolutely everything."

Susie Cohen
Bloomingdale's Knit Set

The Sneaker

$145
Susie Cohen

"Veja sneakers are on-trend, but they are also timeless and simple. Each material used to craft them is ethically sourced, with fair trade being at the heart of production. There are so many different styles, you can’t go wrong! I wear sneakers with absolutely everything! The sneaker will become your 'solemate.'"

Susie Cohen
Veja Sneaker

The Sandal

$80
Susie Cohen

"Say hello to the camp counselor’s signature shoe silhouette. These fresh takes on tech-y Velcro sandals are less granola and more fashion. They come with patterns, embellishments, leather, fabric…I can’t wait to get a pair and wear them with all my Spring pieces."

Susie Cohen
Steve Madden Henley-S Black Sandal

The Jacket

$138
Susie Cohen

"The shacket is the perfect piece to transition from Winter to Spring. This wardrobe essential is a combination of a fabulous button down with a roomy jacket hence the SHACKET. I am a big fan of army green. It is a neutral and looks chic paired with patterns, color and neutrals. The shacked is a great layering piece."

Susie Cohen
Madewell Military Shirt Jacket

The Perfect Denim

$238
Susie Cohen

"A good pair of denim is the ultimate wardrobe essential. I love the brand Mother and I have gotten mine at resale shops. Consignment stores are always loaded with fabulous denim. This particular pair is my new favorite shape. It looks great with a loafer, sneaker, bootie and of course a cozy slipper. Finding the perfect denim for you can be tricky business. Have fun exploring and trying different styles."

Susie Cohen
The Tomcat Roller Jeans

The Graphic Tee

$68
Susie Cohen

"You can never have enough graphic Ts. This one is my top pick because the tiger is a symbol of bravery, strength, power and valor. I also love this one because it is 100% cotton and super soft. Graphic Ts are a great way to express yourself and show the world what you are passionate about."

Susie Cohen
Wrangler Oversized Tiger Tee