Have you tried Farestart Catering?
Share your story.
Angela Dunleavy-Stowell has provided me with so much leadership personally through the pandemic. Farestart is even continuing to hire in this environment because they’ve made incredible pivots.
Used FS a few times now for events--they're most of the time on top of things! I'm giving them a pass though because of how awesome their organization is and it's their students that prepare the food!
FareStart is a catering nonprofit that has been helping people transform their lives through food. They help people overcome barriers by teaching them the work and life skills they need to succeed in the food service industry — and in life. Through restaurants, cafes, catering, programs that provide meals to social services, shelters, and schools in the Seattle area, participants in their programs get practical work experience while giving back to their community.
Every individual has the opportunity to thrive in an equitable and just world.
FareStart transforms lives, disrupts poverty and nourishes communities through food, life skills and job training.
- Donate cash, stock, items, or services.
- Volunteer - either by yourself or bring a group.
- Hire the well trained and motivated graduates.
- Sponsor the work through your company.
- Collaborate with them as a food service partner.
- Use their catering services and venues.
- Feast at their weekly Guest Chef Night or our other “foodie” events throughout the year.
700 Virginia St, Seattle, WA 98121