Have you used Scarecrow Video?
Share your story.
The best video store around, where you can find DVD and VHS videos that aren't streaming anywhere else. Their staff is top-notch and their selection is perhaps one of the greatest on the entire West Coast. It's a treasure to have a classic video store in our city.
The most incredible selection of films in the city. Obscure, independent films, VHS tapes from your childhood you thought you'd never see again, foreign films you could never find on Netflix—they have it all. My partner and I like to rent old kaiju films from them.
About Scarecrow Video
Tuesday - Sunday: 12pm - 8pm
- New Releases: $4.50 for 2 days
- Catalog Titles: $4.50 for 7 days
- Family New Releases/Second Take (not-so-new releases): $3 for 4 days
- Box sets/full TV series: $6 or $11 for 7 days
- Multi-system (PAL, SECAM, NTSC) region-free Blu-Ray/DVD players, multi-system VHS players, VCRs and LaserDisc players.
*Machine rental rates are $4/day ask at store for details
Prices do not include sales tax.
Create an Account
To set up a rental account please bring:
- Government/state issued photo ID credit or debit card.
(If you don’t have a credit card, you can still open an account but you will need to leave a cash deposit for each title you rent. There is a minimum of $25 cash deposit for each title.)
Rental accounts are completely free to open. Scarecrow offers annual memberships which can help members save money on rentals and get other great perks not included with the basic rental account.
There is a return box located in the window to the right of the counter. When the store is closed, you may also return rentals to the night dropbox in the front door.
Rental items are due by 8:00pm.
Late Fee Policy
Late fees are the FULL rental cost per day, per title.
Renewal is available, just call the store before 8:00pm.
Late titles returned through the drop box will automatically be charged to the credit card on file.
Hard to Find Titles
- Some titles which are difficult or expensive to replace may require a security deposit. This can be done with a credit card or cash.
5030 Roosevelt Way NE, Seattle, WA 98105