Ready to create an account?

Join Now

Cassie Wallender
about 1 month ago • Madison Valley
Moving with large aquarium
Hi - a weird one here. Any recommendations for 1.) movers who are good with 100-gallon glass aquariums, and 2.) structural engineers who can help assess a safe spot for a tank in a new home (e.g., a residential weight assessment)?
7 replies
about 1 month ago
Oooh, that is a tough one. Tom Laramee recommended a structural engineer (CG Engineering) that might be worth a call. Will see if I can dig up anything on the movers...
  • about 1 month ago
I would call Mike at Budget Moving, he and his crew did a great job moving locally for us last year, and he was also knowledgeable about who to call for specialty moving (he was clear that we should hire a specialist to move an antique piano and gave us a great recommendation for one).
Mover - Ravenna
  • about 1 month ago
Call First Due movers. They are the best and most careful- Fire fighter owned. Of course it would need to be completely empty. Movers cant move live creatures of any kind.

Tell them I sent you!

  • about 1 month ago
Here is the form for a free quote!
  • about 1 month ago
Q: how much does 100 gallons of water weigh?
A: about 834 pounds

That's a lot of weight to be concentrated in one place over a long time. If you get no better answer, put it near and/or over load bearing walls in your house ... that or, on a ground floor concrete slab. I'm not sure if Dennis at CG does that kind of assessment .. my guess is he does. I'd reach out to him and ask. He'll either help you or refer you to someone who can help.
  • about 1 month ago
Thanks everyone for the tips!

To be sure, the tank will be moved empty! :-)
  • about 1 month ago
Cassie- Let us know what solutions you used and how it went!
  • about 1 month ago

Want to reply? Join Now
By Tag
You're logged out

Find the best products & professionals
with a little help from your friends.

Join Now Log In