- If you love photography or have a creative itch that you haven't been able to scratch, check out the classes at Photographic Center Northwest. It's centrally located on Capitol Hill with classrooms, film and digital photo lab space and galleries. There are classes from complete beginner to very advanced with a certificate program for anyone looking to really commit to creative photography. They also have classes for kids and teens as well.
- Photo school on cap hill. Taking a class or workshops here is a great way to get better at taking photos - accessible for people who just shoot on phones all the way to film purists. Great instructors and facility.
- I’m such a fan of the community they cultivate for budding and experienced Seattle photographers alike. PCNW is a nonprofit educational institution in Capitol Hill that hosts classes, workshops, presentations, and exhibitions.
- I've been donating blood through Bloodworks NW for nearly a decade - always a great experience!
- Blood Donation is an essential activity and encouraged activity. Donating blood is a safe, simple process and each blood donation has the potential to save 3 lives. Every day 1k donors are needed to ensure local hospitals have blood to provide to patients. BE one of those 1K! Your next appointment will help keep the blood supply healthy in the coming months. Book yours now: bloodworksnw.org/donate/fin...
- As a unique provider of health care services for the community, Bloodworks Northwest collects, tests and distributes 90% of the lifesaving blood used in the Pacific Northwest. As a first responder to the blood supply, Bloodworks needs 1,000 donations every day to keep our community hospital blood supply at safe levels for patients in the Pacific Northwest.
- The United Way of King County helps more people in our region than literally any other philanthropic agency combined. They impact the lives of 100,000's of people thru-out King County thru rental assistance, housing the homeless, and keeping families financially stable. What's more, $0.95 cents of every dollar you give goes *directly* to someone in need. You simply can't get a better ROI on your good money anywhere else.
- Organizations like ACLU are vital to defending the individual rights and liberties guaranteed to each person in our country. ACLU is fighting to keep families together at our borders, getting peaceful protesters out of jail and standing up for all of us in times of need.
- These guys are great - they have three main mechanisms for clean water protections in and around Puget Sound: (1) the actively monitor waterways for pollution (2) they advocate for water protections at the legislative and judicial levels and (3) they do community outreach and education.
- Ventures is a incredible organization that champions and supports microbusiness owners, providing them with access to both training and capital. Led by Beto Yarce, Ventures serves aspiring entrepreneurs, with a focus on women, people of color, immigrants, and individuals with low income. I love that Ventures works tirelessly to ensure more equitable access to the many benefits of small business ownership.
- Impact West Seattle is a coalition of women in West Seattle who use our collective giving and action to make an impact on the social, economic and environmental issues facing our region. If you are a woman living in West Seattle who cares about the opportunity to give back in even small ways - this is your tribe.
- Whenever I am asked to help facilitate support for a charity or nonprofit, I always try to take a more personal approach. I like to know where (and to whom) the effort is going. This nonprofit is run by a friend (and fellow Star Wars fan). His organization has been hosting entertainment events for kids who otherwise would not be able to enjoy such experiences.
Post a Question
Need help finding the right nonprofit? Ask your friends.