- If you love photography or have a creative itch that you haven't been able to scratch, check out the classes at Photographic Center Northwest. It's centrally located on Capitol Hill with classrooms, film and digital photo lab space and galleries. There are classes from complete beginner to very advanced with a certificate program for anyone looking to really commit to creative photography. They also have classes for kids and teens as well.
- Photo school on cap hill. Taking a class or workshops here is a great way to get better at taking photos - accessible for people who just shoot on phones all the way to film purists. Great instructors and facility.
- I’m such a fan of the community they cultivate for budding and experienced Seattle photographers alike. PCNW is a nonprofit educational institution in Capitol Hill that hosts classes, workshops, presentations, and exhibitions.
- Blood Donation is an essential activity and encouraged activity. Donating blood is a safe, simple process and each blood donation has the potential to save 3 lives. Every day 1k donors are needed to ensure local hospitals have blood to provide to patients. BE one of those 1K! Your next appointment will help keep the blood supply healthy in the coming months. Book yours now: bloodworksnw.org/donate/fin...
- As a unique provider of health care services for the community, Bloodworks Northwest collects, tests and distributes 90% of the lifesaving blood used in the Pacific Northwest. As a first responder to the blood supply, Bloodworks needs 1,000 donations every day to keep our community hospital blood supply at safe levels for patients in the Pacific Northwest.
- The United Way of King County helps more people in our region than literally any other philanthropic agency combined. They impact the lives of 100,000's of people thru-out King County thru rental assistance, housing the homeless, and keeping families financially stable. What's more, $0.95 cents of every dollar you give goes *directly* to someone in need. You simply can't get a better ROI on your good money anywhere else.
- Organizations like ACLU are vital to defending the individual rights and liberties guaranteed to each person in our country. ACLU is fighting to keep families together at our borders, getting peaceful protesters out of jail and standing up for all of us in times of need.
- These guys are great - they have three main mechanisms for clean water protections in and around Puget Sound: (1) the actively monitor waterways for pollution (2) they advocate for water protections at the legislative and judicial levels and (3) they do community outreach and education.
- I hired College Hunks to donate and haul away furniture. I was SO happy with the service. I'm always nervous about the ability of people to remove large and heavy furniture safely from my home and they did an amazing job. I donated a dresser, desk, dining table, chairs. They will take it to Good Will or another charity. Cost is based on how much of the truck you use - in my case 1/3 of a truck was $350.
- Impact West Seattle is a coalition of women in West Seattle who use our collective giving and action to make an impact on the social, economic and environmental issues facing our region. If you are a woman living in West Seattle who cares about the opportunity to give back in even small ways - this is your tribe.
Bloodworks NW, a non-profit and first responder that services 90+ local hospitals is in need of O+ blood donors. O+ blood supply has dropped by ove...
6 months ago
Thank you Susan!!! Your blood donation will save 3 lives!
Thank you @susanstocker! @linda_lowry_1 Can you share what COVID precautions Bloodworks has in place when you donate?
Bloodworks has posted information addressing questions and concerns for blood donors at bloodworksnw.org/coronavirus. Blood donation takes about an hour from registration to post-donation refreshment. Information about who can donate and where, is available at www.bloodworksnw.org.