- We have purchased all our kids bikes here. They offer great advice and are patient with our kids. They will also purchase your old bike.
- Bike shops can be hit or miss - really depends on who works with you and how their day is going in my experience. Montlake has been great. A few years ago, Mike went above and beyond to cut down a seat post for my son's dirt bike (Giant XTC). They also did some work on my old Bianchi - and took the time to make sure it worked after a slightly botched repair.
- These guys were so nice. They let me test ride my bike even though I forgot to make an appointment. I ended up getting a great deal on my new bike and they were so helpful in getting me all set up.
- Love the fast pace intervals - the time goes by quick! Also love that you can mostly go at your own pace and you don't have to compare to others next to you.
- The Capitol Hill gym is welcoming, non-judgmental and motivational at the same time! None of the no-pain-no-gain machismo, but a great and supportive community. Not to mention killer workout. Tammara is the best!
- The community built at this gym encourages me to keep going back! If you enjoy HIIT workouts then give this gym a try.
- I used to frequent this location when I was training heavily in CrossFit. An absolute godsend for recovery. I personally love going from the super hot sauna into the ice cold pool. The massage therapy was nothing special for me. Only got it once. The facility overall is a bit small (and can get cramped) but the experience is excellent.
- Concrete and brick parilka that gets *far* hotter (240 degrees) than most dry heat saunas, a Turkish steam room, a salt water mineral bath, a 47 degree cold plunge pool, and a 104 degree hot tub. It doesn't take long to feel completely rejuvenated from a hard training session. I don't go all that often (a few times/month max) but when I do, I wonder why it's not part of my regular routine.
- Good massage therapists. The back and forth of the super hot sauna and the cold pool is invigorating.
- Like Peleton (personal spin class in my house) better than SoulCycle or Flywheel.
- After 200 classes at FlyWheel I made the switch to Peloton. Now one year and 150 classes in I'm just as hooked as I was for the in-person classes. I'll still do some FlyWheel classes with friends, a chance to connect - but the regular spin classes are on "The bike that goes nowhere" with Power Zone training
- I really like this studio. The type of yoga is a little different from the vinyasa I usually do. Although it is a heated yoga studio, you hold the poses a few counts, and they seem to have more standard sequences. If you don't like similar sequences from one yoga day to the next, you won't like this. If you like that consistent-ness, you will like this. It is still a vigorous, I-just-got-a-good-workout practice. Moreover, there is a great vibe. The space itself is beautiful and spread out, with nice showers and dressing area, a living room, a very large studio, and friendly owners. They're right next to the Greenlake PCC (the one near Starbucks, not the one on Aurora), with underground or street parking.
Ali White MacBeth
- I started going to Modo Yoga in June when I was looking for a yoga studio I could join for some community and consistency. I absolutely love it there. All the instructors are passionate but not judgmental. The studio offers several classes all heated. I find the classes challenging, but engaging and a great workout! The facility is very clean and offers a nice atmosphere.
- I didn’t think I liked yoga until I found Modo. Good people and good workout.
- Such a great climbing atmosphere. As I am a beginner, it was a blast and I was able to do it but still challenge myself. Drop ins are very convenient and they have climbing shoes you can rent!
- If you like climbing, you'll love SBP. Great culture and community. There's a cafe with lots of seating where you can plug into work. There's a gym as well as Yoga classes. WiFi is not the fastest, so I wouldn't recommend taking video conferences here. But otherwise, membership is well worth the value.
- This is a fantastic place. There's a great crowd of both experienced and first-time climbers. Easy to get to, easy parking.
- I've just started taking boxing lessons at Cappy's based on all the great recommendations here. It's a fun workout, and the staff and coaches are very friendly and supportive. Be prepared for partner work. If you want to learn a new skill and get out of your comfort zone (but not too far), this is a great option. I can't tell if I'm going to get really hooked yet, but so far so good! Thanks Jennifer OlsonKenji SazanamiTonya PeckMasako Long
- Went here for the beginning class and it was a lot of fun. Excited to go back!
- Wonderful community! Very pro social!
- Above and beyond a massage...it's an experience in wellness.
- What a wonderful place. Sponsored a session for a group of us. This is a really friendly spot on capital hill.
Michael did a great job and they were super great about scheduling. Really relaxing and friendly. This is a small spot and that makes it feel super personal. For instance one of us had some real issues with shoulder tightness and he
The two hour massage is a great option and very reasonably priced. When making reservations u can use the website but it isn't completely up to date so it makes sense to call as well as u can
- My favorite massage place in Seattle, only downside, it books up very fast, so plan ahead.
Bloodworks NW, a non-profit and first responder that services 90+ local hospitals is in need of O+ blood donors. O+ blood supply has dropped by ove...
5 months ago
Thank you Susan!!! Your blood donation will save 3 lives!
Thank you @susanstocker! @linda_lowry_1 Can you share what COVID precautions Bloodworks has in place when you donate?
Bloodworks has posted information addressing questions and concerns for blood donors at bloodworksnw.org/coronavirus. Blood donation takes about an hour from registration to post-donation refreshment. Information about who can donate and where, is available at www.bloodworksnw.org.
Mind and Body Pilates is doing online classes every day. Dana is amazing and offers encouragement and advice individually throughout the zoom session. It's not yoga, but there is a fantastic combination of low impact strength and core work out with stretching. Highly, highly recommend. seattlepilates.com
We have a Peloton bike and I really enjoy the overall experience. We also have a treadmill from The Fitness Outlet. The team at The Fitness Outlet has provided excellent service and support over the years we have owned the treadmill.