- We have purchased all our kids bikes here. They offer great advice and are patient with our kids. They will also purchase your old bike.
- Bike shops can be hit or miss - really depends on who works with you and how their day is going in my experience. Montlake has been great. A few years ago, Mike went above and beyond to cut down a seat post for my son's dirt bike (Giant XTC). They also did some work on my old Bianchi - and took the time to make sure it worked after a slightly botched repair.
- We got our Bromptons here. Impeccable and knowledgeable service. They love their trade and it shows.
- Concrete and brick parilka that gets *far* hotter (240 degrees) than most dry heat saunas, a Turkish steam room, a salt water mineral bath, a 47 degree cold plunge pool, and a 104 degree hot tub. It doesn't take long to feel completely rejuvenated from a hard training session. I don't go all that often (a few times/month max) but when I do, I wonder why it's not part of my regular routine.
- I used to frequent this location when I was training heavily in CrossFit. An absolute godsend for recovery. I personally love going from the super hot sauna into the ice cold pool. The massage therapy was nothing special for me. Only got it once. The facility overall is a bit small (and can get cramped) but the experience is excellent.
- Good massage therapists. The back and forth of the super hot sauna and the cold pool is invigorating.
- Love the fast pace intervals - the time goes by quick! Also love that you can mostly go at your own pace and you don't have to compare to others next to you.
- The Capitol Hill gym is welcoming, non-judgmental and motivational at the same time! None of the no-pain-no-gain machismo, but a great and supportive community. Not to mention killer workout. Tammara is the best!
- Really effective and affordable way of exercise.
- Hard to go wrong with a class here! I think I've been to almost every instructor and all types of instruction. The location is convenient with easy parking and you can grab a coffee at Fuel afterwards!
- Like Peleton (personal spin class in my house) better than SoulCycle or Flywheel.
- After 200 classes at FlyWheel I made the switch to Peloton. Now one year and 150 classes in I'm just as hooked as I was for the in-person classes. I'll still do some FlyWheel classes with friends, a chance to connect - but the regular spin classes are on "The bike that goes nowhere" with Power Zone training
- If you like climbing, you'll love SBP. Great culture and community. There's a cafe with lots of seating where you can plug into work. There's a gym as well as Yoga classes. WiFi is not the fastest, so I wouldn't recommend taking video conferences here. But otherwise, membership is well worth the value.
- Such a great climbing atmosphere. As I am a beginner, it was a blast and I was able to do it but still challenge myself. Drop ins are very convenient and they have climbing shoes you can rent!
- This is a fantastic place. There's a great crowd of both experienced and first-time climbers. Easy to get to, easy parking.
- I've just started taking boxing lessons at Cappy's based on all the great recommendations here. It's a fun workout, and the staff and coaches are very friendly and supportive. Be prepared for partner work. If you want to learn a new skill and get out of your comfort zone (but not too far), this is a great option. I can't tell if I'm going to get really hooked yet, but so far so good! Thanks Jennifer OlsonKenji SazanamiTonya PeckMasako Long
- Went here for the beginning class and it was a lot of fun. Excited to go back!
- Wonderful community! Very pro social!
- Go to these barre classes if you wanna get a serious barre workout! I've done others, such as barre 3 and pure barre and simply did not feel challenged. Fly barre felt more full body and I saw great results
- Yeah, I do Flywheel sometimes. It's dumb and often the music is bad. If you like the music there, then, you like bad music. But, the instructors are good at their job, it's a very efficient workout, and it makes you a better cyclist in the real word by pushing you in ways that streets and trails often can't.
- Great studio, buy the monthly pass if you go more than 5 times.