- I'm a huge fan of helping new families out upon the arrival of a newborn. This postpartumn outreach doula service makes a wonderful gift for new mothers. Whether it's light housework, maternal services references, someone to watch your baby while you take a long nap, or just someone to talk to, Seattle Day Doula is a welcome addition to the maternal services community here in Seattle.
- Giving your newborn to another person can be a hard thing to do, but there is no one I would trust more to take care of my baby than Wendy. She is so kind and nurturing, I 100% recommend her to anyone looking for a doula.
- Wendy is absolutely amazing with little ones! Her spirit and energy are contagious and exactly what your baby needs. She will love your child like they were her own. She took amazing care of my daughter, and I’m so thankful for her!
- Jen and Alise are trained midwives who became doulas because they didn't want to limited to focusing on home or hospital births - they want to do it all. They are super experienced but more important they are fun and flexible and adjust to suit the individual needs of their clients. My wife and I are expecting in three months and have been incredibly grateful for their support thus far.
- Jen and Alise make a great team. Each have been to large number of births.
- Emma was such a calming presence during our birth experience and we felt she was really our advocate. I went into labor 2 months early and found myself in a panic as I lay on bedrest in the hospital for 8 days. I felt very unprepared for the birth as we had yet to take our birthing classes. Emma came to the hospital and spent about 2 hours with us, explaining the various scenarios we may have for our birth and put our minds completely at ease. I will never forget that! She also came to the hospital after our baby was born to do an in person and personal "caring for new born" specifically for our preemie. I would (and have) recommend her to first time parents.
- Suzzie is not only a wonderful labor and delivery doula, but she is one of the best in the area for birthing pool delivery. She brings everything you need to birth at home, a birthing center, or the hospital and sets it up. Once your little one has arrived, she comes and takes care of the breakdown. Since she is also both a mother and a birth doula, she has the most loving, calm nature during a time that is so vulnerable and beautiful.
Fresh Chalk talked to a group of doulas who are committed to helping expecting mothers in local underserved communities navigate our complicated healthcare system and have a great birth experience. Read more about these Seattle doulas making a difference.
Ask for Recommendations
Need help finding the right doula? Ask your friends.