- I've had some discomfort with my eyes for the past 6 months and found Eyes On You from the recommendations here on Fresh Chalk. And I'm so happy I did because Dr. Lin was amazing! She ran so many tests and by the end of my 40 minute appointment, we figured out exactly why. Can't recommend the team at Eyes On You enough.
- She is the best eye doctor in Seattle - hands down.
- Dr. Lawson and Dr. Locke are 100% customer obsessed. They always go above and beyond and make things easier on me.
- Dr. Dueck and Dr. Sasaki are both great. The traction table is awesome (also free—perk!). I think getting your neck cracked is all kinds of wrong, but if you are in pain there's a good chance they can help.
- BEST DOCTORS EVER!!!! Especially Dr. Sasaki.
- My guy here is Jeffery Dueck. I’m a reluctant chiropractic client because I hate hearing and feeling everything crackling and popping. But once in awhile I need it, and Dueck is great. He’s funny, and very tolerant of the f-bombs I scream out when he does his thing. (It’s not his fault.) Vida is a little big and impersonal sometimes but it’s worth it for the Dueck experience.
- This shop has a large number of very rad frames and their staff is super friendly. They'll patiently work with, suggesting as many frames as it takes, until you find something that you love.
- Everyone here is awesome and they have a large selection of frames
- I love the frame selection here. I have a small face, and I have had great success working with the team at Eyes on Fremont to find cute frames that fit well. No more resorting to kid frames! I have had a couple of good eye exams here as well.
- Outstanding professionalism, first rate and genuine care for his patients' well-being. Dr. Friedrich is the best dentist I've ever had (in 40 years of visits, and counting) and you can tell the man truly loves his work.
UPDATE: Dr. Friedrich announced his retirement recently. Drs. Grant and Corinne Reschenthaler, a husband-and-wife team, are taking over the practice. I will update this review after my next visit in early 2020.
- She’s right a lot. Very caring. Smartest pediatrician I’ve met.
- Dr. Lindsay is fantastic and is the voice of reason any new/paranoid parent needs. She patiently listens to the list of questions we bring and provides great answers that ease our concerns. Our son loves her and we feel so lucky to have her as his doctor.
- My kids love her! Having kids not be afraid of going to the doctor is fantastic.
I've tried nitrous, meditation, visualization, and soothing music—nothing quells my anxiety at the dentist. I had a sort of understanding with my l...
8 days ago
Hi Melinda, I can totally relate. I hate the dentist and I'm still searching for that special someone to help me with all my hopes and fears. My last dentist drilled down on a root canal before I was numb and sent my body through the ceiling. So, I too am interested in this topic. Here is what I have learned:
I know that Innovative Dentistry used to have a therapy dog that helped out around the office for people like us, however, the dog retired with his owner a year or two ago. The office still tries to meet the demand of patients with anxiety by using nitrous oxide, weighted blankets, and other tools.
Fidler on the Tooth (what a great name right?) has some great recommendations on Fresh Chalk and their website talks specifically about helping patients with anxiety. They work with you on a plan of attack to help keep you calm during those nerve-racking times. I like that idea-- hand signals can really be helpful.
Lastly, Pacific Modern Dentistry works specifically with patients who have anxiety. I’m not sure what methods and tools they use that are different from the other places, but I think their office picture looks calming and a place that I could relax. That counts for something, right? Good luck.
A close friend of mine is an anxious dental patient and often avoids going for that reason. I set her up with my dentist, Dr. Russell, and they've been very understanding. Now she gets her teeth cleaned regularly and we all declared success.
Thank you. I am the classic white knuckle patient. Thankfully I respond well to nitrous but I'm still freaking out. Grateful for these referrrals. I have been going to PIMA dental school and they have been great with the dental anxiety however it does take longer than a standard appointment so I look forward to these other options!
Does anyone have a home healthcare recommendation for the south end?
7 months ago
I have had a good experience with Sound Options, and the client was in the south sound region. If you mean the south end of Seattle, I also like With a Little Help. I hope one of those works!
Thank you! I'll check them out. I'm really looking for something in the Auburn area, but I'll see if they serve that area. Thank you for the tip on employee vs contractors.
Here is another option - Eldercare Navigators eldercarenavigators.com. Heather is an amazing, knowledgeable and compassionate person. She has a wealth of information and resources to help people navigate the system. She can help with the smallest to the largest needs!