- Hands down the best place in town to get any kind of flooring!
- Vogel's is a great local company. They help you choose the right carpet for your spaces, send you home with large swatches of carpet so you can envision what it would look like in your space. They install and take away any old carpet you may have as well. Professional and reliable.
- They installed a hardwood floor in our basement replacing all our carpet. This was a pretty big job - removed all the carpet, installed water proof barrier, glued down flooring + stairs and then sealed it to match the rest of the floor in our house.
- We've used Great Floors (in SoDo) a couple times now and they offer really competitive pricing and service as well. We were able to get flooring at 30% lower cost than we found at HD or Lowes. Our sales associate (Mike?) offered us a discount before we even asked for one.
- Do yourself a favor and call Great Floors for any reno/new build needs. Super design studio is great for all budgets.
- I used SDA for a complicated tile installation project and they were extremely skilled and the room came out perfectly. The main guy (Andrew) was really patient in working out the details of everything before they began (and there were a lot of details to consider, as the project was fairly involved/complicated).
- We have a 1920s home with parquet hardwood floors. Temo and his crew repaired and refinished our floors to a beautiful condition. They also were very careful as they worked to tape off floors, walls, appliances, etc. to keep from causing additional work or damage. He charges a very reasonable price and is very efficient
- I simply can't say enough good things about Temo and his team. They are fast, professional, safe, clean and most importantly highly proficient in what they do. We've used him multiple times.
- Could not be happier we chose to go with Norman and team. Their work was high quality, every single employee I interacted with was professional and kind and their price was the best we found. Will absolutely be hiring this team again.
Ask for Recommendations
Need help finding the right flooring contractor? Ask your friends.
I see lots of suggestions for hardwood flooring. We are not ready to replace or refinish but have several spots (thanks to three cats) tha...
2 months ago
Is it from them going to the bathroom. If so call me I’ll tell you how to fix it,Anne😎
Hi Mikaela, Great question. I think you might need a handyman rather than a flooring company. We replaced some carpeting that our dog ripped up a few years ago and handyman helped us out. Not all of them are trained to work on flooring so it might take some digging around. Try the Capitol Hill Handyman, John Pierce. He might be able to help you out, if he can't he might know someone who can. I also recommend checking with Hawks Home Specialists and Temo Chavez. They both have experience with flooring. Hope this helps and keep me posted!
Mikaela A Kiner
Great suggestion, thanks so much - I'll send John a note now!
I need to replace some carpet with hardwood flooring and then completely refinish the hardwoods. Appreciate any recommendations!
4 months ago
Hi Rochelle - I've had several floors refinished in my life - and my wife and I currently live in Seward Park in a 1927 home that had the original hardwood parquet floors. The family who lived in the house before us never really took care of them and they were is a sorry state. But Temo Chavez (freshchalk.com/temo-chavez-...) and his team did an amazing job. They also do a terrific job of prep and clean up as well. They are fast, friendly and very affordably priced and the quality of the work is as good if not better than you will find anywhere else. Period.
Hi, @ShelleyWhelan! My friend @OmarShahine (who knows all the best people) recommended NW Premium Hardwood Floors. His recommendation makes it sound like a similar job to yours....
We had the carpet in our basement replaced with hardwood flooring. A year later we had some water damage up stairs and they came back and replaced a few floor boards and re-finished. Some advice. You cannot be home when this work is happening. It dangerous and toxic smelling when they are sealing the floor. It takes multiple coats and then 48 hours min for the VOCs to get released.
Hi Adam - I want to recommend Temo from CD Floor Solutions. I simply can't say enough good things about Temo and his team. They are fast, professional, safe, clean and most importantly highly proficient in what they do. We've used him multiple times. His contact details are: 206-601-3200.
Has anyone tried to do hardwood floors and major paint at same time?
Looking for recommendations for painter and floor who can coordinate. We are ...
8 months ago
Hi Andrea, Colo P&R would love to help you with you project. with more than 15 years of experience in Seattle area, We will deliver you a high quality final project! please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org we can schedule a meeting When it works for you.
Hi Steven - digging out from work and WFM. Carpets over plywood - from when it was built. Walls, ceilings, and big vaulted 3 story loft. No bedrooms or woodwork.
If you had time to PM would love to take offline as complicated.
Steven A. Chayer
Sure, Andrea, perhaps later this afternoon or in the morining as I am not available for several hours.
I'm looking for a contractor to do floor installation for my condo. It's the clicky laminate flooring with underlayment. I already have all the mat...
10 months ago
It would be our pleasure to help you with your project. would be ok for you if our estimator meet you at your condo any time soon, to see the working area and take some notes? That way we can give you an estimate and some recommendations. please let us know the date. If so, please send me the location and your phone number. looking forward to do business with you. Thank you!