- We just signed up for Ridwell and are so excited about it. The kids are even getting involved! I love not feeling guilty about disposing of plastic film, batteries, and more the wrong way. Phew.
- Great way to responsibly recycle old batteries, build and those guilt-inducing styrofoam blocks. Local business, just getting started.
- Recently signed up and have already had two pickups. The plastic and threads bag is always full and Iove the rotating categories like back to school supplies, non perishable food etc.
- Sara is friendly and easygoing, and is particularly good at helping small spaces feel open and organized.
Jessica M Shapiro
- Sara is fabulous! She helps make spaces for useful and organized. She's really creative and and what to do to solve any design challenges. She's also a kind and fun person, so it's great to work with her.
- They did a solid job installing central air in my home. The post-install inspection process was a bit of a mess (unclear what was happening when and if someone needed to be home) but otherwise good work.
- They did a nice job with my attic AC install. There were bumps along the way, but they fixed the problems quickly and threw in some free maintenance to smooth things over. Clearly they care about the customer.
- Prompt response to water heater issue/questions on a Sunday morning. Gave a quote for a new heater via text message Sunday afternoon. Installed beautifully Tuesday!
- These guys are simply fantastic. They are also very expensive but worth every $. Their attention to detail, follow-up and desire to get it right are amazing. When anything is a miss they correct it in the moment. They provide daily written reports of their work and a final check through. Fantastic employees.
- Alejandro is the horse whisperer of wall prep for painting. He's incredibly skilled and dedicated to his craft. If you have a gig that you really, really want done well, these guys can help.
Steven A. Chayer
- Queen Anne will travel to your neighborhood and they are an excellent long-time Seattle painting firm. I was in the business for 40 years and I respected the work they did.
- I just started working with Kelly based on the recommendation from Sara Eizen. She's been helping me get my new house in working order and it seems like she can do it all. She's super friendly and flexible and has already saved me lots of headaches. Highly recommended!
- Who says a handyman has to be a man? The Fixit Sisters are GREAT handywoman!!!
- They have done a bunch of electrical work for us and have worked out really well.
- I needed some GFCI outlets installed and my breaker panel looked at. The outlets were a quick change and the electrician gave me lots of info about the panel. He could have recommended changing it and I probably would have done it, but it's a big expense and gave me his honest opinion that it probably doesn't need to be changed, but that I should keep an eye on it. I appreciate that he told my what he would do if it was his house.
- My family loves Swansons and we go there several times a year. They put on a great show for the kids. Before Halloween we bring the kids for the little hay maze. During the holidays we visit for Curly the camel, the reindeer, Santa, and the train set. It has a special place in our family history due to all the photos we've taken. Fun!
- Fantastic professionals. I've come here with sad little plant leaves trying to diagnose what the heck is going on with my plants. The team is super helpful at figuring out the problem and giving me reasonable solutions. Don't forget their #askswanson Twitter hashtag so you can ask questions via Twitter.
- Incredibly knowledgable and helpful on all things from questions to garden inspiration. Their cafe and gift shop are wonderful, and a great place to visit. We are there almost every weekend with our small children!
- I’ve used them for a gas furnace, central air, duct work, an on-demand water heater, and mini-split for an ADU. They’re not the cheapest but they’ve always been thorough, accurate, and have good people. They have a maintenance plan which does save you money on their prices, and I don’t have to worry about remembering when I have to do maintenance.
Has anybody worked with an HVAC company to install a multi-split system in your home? We have a modest 1968 bi-level and we don't want to do centra...
2 days ago
Not sure how far south they work, but greenwood heating and air takes great care of us. Many of their sales folks are former technicians so are pretty knowledgeable on the various options to fit your home.
Glendale Heating is the best and they are right there in Des Moines and do a ton of work in the south sound.
Thank you so much for the recommendations, everyone! I will add them to my short list. I appreciate your kindness in taking the time to respond. True July weather is coming!