- We just signed up for Ridwell and are so excited about it. The kids are even getting involved! I love not feeling guilty about disposing of plastic film, batteries, and more the wrong way. Phew.
- Great way to responsibly recycle old batteries, build and those guilt-inducing styrofoam blocks. Local business, just getting started.
- Recently signed up and have already had two pickups. The plastic and threads bag is always full and Iove the rotating categories like back to school supplies, non perishable food etc.
- Sara is friendly and easygoing, and is particularly good at helping small spaces feel open and organized.
Cassie Walker Johnson
- Sara is truly so talented on bringing a fresh perspective to a room. While I love designing my own homes, I was challenged with our family room and it took her all of 30 minutes to rearrange the room and make it staged and ready!
- They did a solid job installing central air in my home. The post-install inspection process was a bit of a mess (unclear what was happening when and if someone needed to be home) but otherwise good work.
- They did a nice job with my attic AC install. There were bumps along the way, but they fixed the problems quickly and threw in some free maintenance to smooth things over. Clearly they care about the customer.
- Prompt response to water heater issue/questions on a Sunday morning. Gave a quote for a new heater via text message Sunday afternoon. Installed beautifully Tuesday!
- I needed some GFCI outlets installed and my breaker panel looked at. The outlets were a quick change and the electrician gave me lots of info about the panel. He could have recommended changing it and I probably would have done it, but it's a big expense and gave me his honest opinion that it probably doesn't need to be changed, but that I should keep an eye on it. I appreciate that he told my what he would do if it was his house.
- They have done a bunch of electrical work for us and have worked out really well.
Jessica M Shapiro
- Mirsky Electric did a complete knob and tube replacement in our home. They also upgraded the electrical panel and meter, and wired for low voltage data and speakers. They were great with scheduling and communications leading up to and during the project (thank you Matt).
The crew were professional, fast, and were great communicators. The work was finished ahead of schedule and on budget.
- These guys are simply fantastic. They are also very expensive but worth every $. Their attention to detail, follow-up and desire to get it right are amazing. When anything is a miss they correct it in the moment. They provide daily written reports of their work and a final check through. Fantastic employees.
- Alejandro is the horse whisperer of wall prep for painting. He's incredibly skilled and dedicated to his craft. If you have a gig that you really, really want done well, these guys can help.
Steven A. Chayer
- Queen Anne will travel to your neighborhood and they are an excellent long-time Seattle painting firm. I was in the business for 40 years and I respected the work they did.
- My family loves Swansons and we go there several times a year. They put on a great show for the kids. Before Halloween we bring the kids for the little hay maze. During the holidays we visit for Curly the camel, the reindeer, Santa, and the train set. It has a special place in our family history due to all the photos we've taken. Fun!
- Fantastic professionals. I've come here with sad little plant leaves trying to diagnose what the heck is going on with my plants. The team is super helpful at figuring out the problem and giving me reasonable solutions. Don't forget their #askswanson Twitter hashtag so you can ask questions via Twitter.
- Hands down the best quality plants in Seattle. Very pleasant shopping experience. Appropriately priced!
My house is 8 million years old (well, 1901), and my gutters have seen better days. I need someone to look, tell me what needs to be replaced, what...
15 days ago
Hi Robin, Valentine Roofing is a good place to start. I would also check out Sound Roofing Systems, @RonZ recommended them and he is one Fresh Chalk's great recommenders who really does his homework!
We really liked Gutter King when they did our gutters.
Really like Guardian Roofing for this, they have done work for us and has been great. Challenge is getting on their schedule.
Tis the season...with all this rain, we have our annual basement flooding issues. Previous solutions haven't worked long-term--expect we need a new...
14 days ago
We had a similar recurring wet basement, and it wasn't fixed by sealants or exterior french drain. The thing that eventually did the trick was an interior drain with pump. It was installed by Wu Construction. The installation wasn't too invasive in the basement, outside of the two walls that needed a nearby trench. We've had several years of dry basement since. Good luck!
The best drainage contractor in the Pacific Northwest, IMO, is Bodine in Lynnwood.
I owned a commercial building at the bottom of a slope, the side of 520 in Bellevue. Constant drainage issues. Tried several different companies, all did band-aid level fixes, but the rains came and ... water everywhere. Bodine came in, did some careful, frank assessment, including video scoping the existing drainage, and then solved it. One trip, even though it was extensive, it was reasonably priced and very carefully done, and boom. Never had a drainage problem since.
After that, I've used them at my home for my gutter drainage, and again, they were frank, honest, and thorough. I couldn't recommend them higher.
@SeattleDan Looks like you made a good call!
I need someone to reassemble a small drop-leaf table for me. It involves 15 screws, but at difficult angles. Can you recommend someone? ... in Taco...
about 1 month ago
I recently worked with Bosanko Furniture Repair - Jeff might be able to do it
My friend Luke Amundson does this type of work on a freelance basis. He takes great care to do a good job and is very reasonable in his pricing. You can contact him at (253) 230-4074 or email@example.com.