- We just signed up for Ridwell and are so excited about it. The kids are even getting involved! I love not feeling guilty about disposing of plastic film, batteries, and more the wrong way. Phew.
- Great way to responsibly recycle old batteries, build and those guilt-inducing styrofoam blocks. Local business, just getting started.
- Recently signed up and have already had two pickups. The plastic and threads bag is always full and Iove the rotating categories like back to school supplies, non perishable food etc.
- Sara is friendly and easygoing, and is particularly good at helping small spaces feel open and organized.
Jessica M Shapiro
- Sara is fabulous! She helps make spaces for useful and organized. She's really creative and and what to do to solve any design challenges. She's also a kind and fun person, so it's great to work with her.
- These guys are simply fantastic. They are also very expensive but worth every $. Their attention to detail, follow-up and desire to get it right are amazing. When anything is a miss they correct it in the moment. They provide daily written reports of their work and a final check through. Fantastic employees.
- Alejandro is the horse whisperer of wall prep for painting. He's incredibly skilled and dedicated to his craft. If you have a gig that you really, really want done well, these guys can help.
Steven A. Chayer
- Queen Anne will travel to your neighborhood and they are an excellent long-time Seattle painting firm. I was in the business for 40 years and I respected the work they did.
- They did a solid job installing central air in my home. The post-install inspection process was a bit of a mess (unclear what was happening when and if someone needed to be home) but otherwise good work.
- They did a nice job with my attic AC install. There were bumps along the way, but they fixed the problems quickly and threw in some free maintenance to smooth things over. Clearly they care about the customer.
- Prompt response to water heater issue/questions on a Sunday morning. Gave a quote for a new heater via text message Sunday afternoon. Installed beautifully Tuesday!
- My family loves Swansons and we go there several times a year. They put on a great show for the kids. Before Halloween we bring the kids for the little hay maze. During the holidays we visit for Curly the camel, the reindeer, Santa, and the train set. It has a special place in our family history due to all the photos we've taken. Fun!
- Fantastic professionals. I've come here with sad little plant leaves trying to diagnose what the heck is going on with my plants. The team is super helpful at figuring out the problem and giving me reasonable solutions. Don't forget their #askswanson Twitter hashtag so you can ask questions via Twitter.
- We go here for all of our indoor & outdoor plant needs, and sometimes just to wander or have brunch. Beautiful place and good for kids. We especially love the holiday events they put on.
- I just started working with Kelly based on the recommendation from @SaraEizen. She's been helping me get my new house in working order and it seems like she can do it all. She's super friendly and flexible and has already saved me lots of headaches. Highly recommended!
- Who says a handyman has to be a man? The Fixit Sisters are GREAT handywoman!!!
The house I recently purchased has a gas fireplace that's not functioning anymore. I would like to replace it with something a little nicer looking...
7 days ago
We replaced one in an old house and yes it was expensive but my favorite thing we did in that house. We used Sutter Home & Hearth in Ballard. Awesome service and great selection at many price points.
My house has a fair bit of wood paneling, which needs to be restained every few years. Does anyone have a good house painter who would be up to the...
9 days ago
I can recommend a painter who is only doing exterior work to adhere to current recommended health protocol including bringing in a job site port-a-potty for him and his staff only. He's also doing estimates with an agreement to keep at least a 6ft distance, and emailing to arrange details so no physical interaction needs to take place. Grassroots Painting, Gary (206) 240-4978.
Steven A. Chayer
Three firms that immediately come to mind are Mitchel Painting (206) 610-1444. I've know the owner for 25 years and he is as honest as the day is long. Also Phinney Ridge Painting, and Queen Anne Painting. All are excellent. I used to compete against them for work and I always respected their ethics and integrity.
We just used Rey Valle for our house near Lincoln Park. He and his crew did a nice job and finished in one day: 425-791-8784.
So, I received the results back from the asbestos test in our popcorn ceiling at the house in Redmond. Just as I feared, it's positive. I'd like to...
20 days ago
Our home has been tested multiple times by Home Depot/Lowe’s. I would recommend starting with them.
We've done it and it's really easy. You just need to get the right respirator and make sure you take it to the right facility to dump it. There are also asbestos removal companies that will do it for you if you don't want to take the risk. If you don't do it the right way and someone gets sick, you could be sued and they could die, so that's no good. I think we used Puget Sound Abatement when we did our flip house, but I would just get a bid from a few and go with the least expensive. It's not cheap - I think for 2k sq ft it was about $5k.