- Madsen Modern did a beautiful job repairing a vintage teak dining chair for me. You can't even see the break in the wood any longer. Lifesavers!
- Whether you're looking to purchase some mid-century furniture or need some repaired - Brandon & Brian will take great care of you. Two of the nicest guys!!!!
- I found them on Etsy, but was so excited they were in my back yard and here in Seattle. They helped me choose the perfect leather to update a lovely mid-century modern rosewood dining chair set. If you like mid-century modern, this is the place to go!
- I LOVE mid century modern furniture! The restoration that Karl does is fantastic! I love that he finds these gems that just need some love- and makes them all pretty again. Thank you for your divine talents Karl!
- Beautifully restored mid century modern furniture and decor. This is a must-have on your list for furniture shopping.
- They offer great value and warranty in their furniture. My family has been a loyal customers for over two decades! They have good financing options if necessary and have a 'Scratch & Dent' section that won't break the bank!
- I’m an Army Soldier stationed at Joint Base Lewis McChord with my wife. My wife and I visited the Old Cannery in December 28th 2022. This was the worst customer experiences we have ever encountered. If you are a person of color, at least African American I would steer clear of this place. Never ever did anyone approach us or acknowledge we were there at the store. As we approached employees would turn their heads or look downward not wanting to make eye contact. It felt as if we were back in the segregation era. I would suggest anyone from Joint Base Lewis McChord to stay away from this establishment.
- My partner and I love playing with the interior decoration in our home. We like nice things, but can't always afford to pay full price for said nice things so Ballard Consignment is a great happy medium for us, not to mention, the staff is super friendly and helpful.
- HIGHLY recommend COUCH in Ballard - USA made, custom dimensions, choose your cushion firmness and best selection of fabrics by far, especially if you need it to be kid and/or pet friendly. Plus you're supporting a local independent store which is more important now than ever.
- This furniture, gift, and home goods shop is a true gem. The owners (who are almost always there, bringing a delightful, neighborhood spirit to the place) curate phenomenally well which means anything you find there is a combination of high-quality, useful, and delightful. We've bought dozens of gifts for friends and several great pieces for our home there. It's the kind of place you *want* to spend money and support.
Next time you're on Market Street in Ballard, make sure to stop in.
- I'm hesitant to recommend Split Level Modern only because part of me wants to keep them a secret for myself! We bought our dining table from them recently (an antique game table that converts into a stylish side table for extra space) and completely fell in love with their store. They've only had a store front for about a year and their inventory spans multiple eras and design styles, all beautifully restored. We were able to negotiate for a price more aligned with our budget and the shop keeper was super helpful and friendly, more than willing to check their warehouse inventory for matching chairs. I can't wait to collect more pieces from them!
- This is actually my husband’s store, but I can honestly say it’s gorgeous :) He finds, restores and sells mid-century modern furniture and art in a lovely space next to the Nordic Museum.