- We have purchased all our kids bikes here. They offer great advice and are patient with our kids. They will also purchase your old bike.
- These guys were so nice. They let me test ride my bike even though I forgot to make an appointment. I ended up getting a great deal on my new bike and they were so helpful in getting me all set up.
- Bike shops can be hit or miss - really depends on who works with you and how their day is going in my experience. Montlake has been great. A few years ago, Mike went above and beyond to cut down a seat post for my son's dirt bike (Giant XTC). They also did some work on my old Bianchi - and took the time to make sure it worked after a slightly botched repair.
- I like this place. Mechanics are generally very helpful and generous with their time (when not busy). I've sold bikes here, bought parts, and purchased several Kona bikes that the Recycled Cycles shop builds up and then does periodic maintenance.
- A stellar all-around bike shop that emulates the best of what cycling culture can and should be. If you're building up a bike or just look for a spare part, Recycled Cycles has it. Not to mention their technicians and general staff are incredibly friendly, helpful and non-judgemental. As a bonus, they'll even give you in store credit if you bring in old parts/tools that you have lying around!
- Every visit here is like a fun adventure where you can discover interesting used parts at a solid price. The staff is friendly and helpful too.
- Great supporter of the Seattle bike racing scene.
- If you own a bicycle you HAVE to try this shop. They have a great selection. They also have amazing mechanics. I brought my bike in 24 hours before packing it for a trip to France. I'd broken the shifters and was desperate. Their mechanic fixed it in 30 seconds and didn't charge me a dime.
- Great little bike shop started by 3 friends. Not only do they provide killer bike service / sales, they're fun to hang out with AND have a delicious cafe´inside. Best avocado toast in Seattle. Located inside Chop House row on Capitol Hill with lots of outdoor seating in a lovely courtyard.
- Aaron is an internal hub expert - so if you've got one of those tricky transmissions from Shimano (my e-bike does) he's your go-to pick in Seattle. Of course it's a bike shop, so all the other service you might need is possible too. Aaron's got an opinionated eye for detail and will probably recommend things you weren't thinking about - lights, reflectors, replacement parts not involved with the original thing you saw him for, etc. – and I've concluded this comes from a place of concern for safe riding, not just a naked upsell opportunity.
Last time I was there was the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and the shop stayed open a bit past closing time to wrap up my brake repairs. I appreciated that extra effort with no questions asked.
- Aaron's shop was extremely helpful - for both a tire repair - and a tune up. The fees were extremely affordable - and they were fast !
- My one stop shop for all outdoor gear. They have an excellent return policy and frequently have good sales and discounts.
- I highly recommend getting fit for a bike at REI. The folks in cycling will not only fit you from a measurement perspective, but also help you get the right bike for what you want to do now and what you might aspire to do. You know they are super busy, so book an appointment.
- Purchased my electric bike here and was very happy with the sales process and quality of the product. The sales staff are extremely helpful and knowledgeable when it comes to different styles of bikes and motors. I've sent a number of my friends here to purchase their e-bikes too. 5/5