- We have purchased all our kids bikes here. They offer great advice and are patient with our kids. They will also purchase your old bike.
- Bike shops can be hit or miss - really depends on who works with you and how their day is going in my experience. Montlake has been great. A few years ago, Mike went above and beyond to cut down a seat post for my son's dirt bike (Giant XTC). They also did some work on my old Bianchi - and took the time to make sure it worked after a slightly botched repair.
- These guys were so nice. They let me test ride my bike even though I forgot to make an appointment. I ended up getting a great deal on my new bike and they were so helpful in getting me all set up.
- I like this place. Mechanics are generally very helpful and generous with their time (when not busy). I've sold bikes here, bought parts, and purchased several Kona bikes that the Recycled Cycles shop builds up and then does periodic maintenance.
- Every visit here is like a fun adventure where you can discover interesting used parts at a solid price. The staff is friendly and helpful too.
- I'm a year-round bicycle commuter and I get my bike tuned up here once a year. The staff are friendly and thoughtful.
Like many women who are part of the bicycling community in Seattle, I'm definitely cautious about bike shop employees making assumptions about me based on my gender. Recycled Cycles employees have always treated me well! 💖
- Aaron is an internal hub expert - so if you've got one of those tricky transmissions from Shimano (my e-bike does) he's your go-to pick in Seattle. Of course it's a bike shop, so all the other service you might need is possible too. Aaron's got an opinionated eye for detail and will probably recommend things you weren't thinking about - lights, reflectors, replacement parts not involved with the original thing you saw him for, etc. – and I've concluded this comes from a place of concern for safe riding, not just a naked upsell opportunity.
Last time I was there was the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and the shop stayed open a bit past closing time to wrap up my brake repairs. I appreciated that extra effort with no questions asked.
- Aaron's shop was extremely helpful - for both a tire repair - and a tune up. The fees were extremely affordable - and they were fast !
- Great supporter of the Seattle bike racing scene.
- If you own a bicycle you HAVE to try this shop. They have a great selection. They also have amazing mechanics. I brought my bike in 24 hours before packing it for a trip to France. I'd broken the shifters and was desperate. Their mechanic fixed it in 30 seconds and didn't charge me a dime.
- Knowledgeable, efficient, and friendly staff can fix any bike asap. This weekend I walked in with a bike that has been broken for two years - they fixed in under 15min for next to no cost!