- My family loves Swansons and we go there several times a year. They put on a great show for the kids. Before Halloween we bring the kids for the little hay maze. During the holidays we visit for Curly the camel, the reindeer, Santa, and the train set. It has a special place in our family history due to all the photos we've taken. Fun!
- Fantastic professionals. I've come here with sad little plant leaves trying to diagnose what the heck is going on with my plants. The team is super helpful at figuring out the problem and giving me reasonable solutions. Don't forget their #askswanson Twitter hashtag so you can ask questions via Twitter.
- Hands down the best quality plants in Seattle. Very pleasant shopping experience. Appropriately priced!
- Great selection of indoor & outdoor plants, friendly & helpful staff, and a sweet gift shop to boot.
- I love the City People's Garden store, but the Mercantile on Sand Point Way is our go to shop for so many things. They have gifts, toys, cards, kitchenware, beauty products, clothing hardware and plants. It has truly been our one stop shop for years.
Cassie Walker Johnson
- City People's Mercantile on Sand Point Way offers everything you need for gifts, household supplies, hardware and most importantly - stocking stuffers! They have everything I need.
- Just a great place to buy beautiful things for your garden, and super knowledgeable staff to answer questions about the plants and keeping them happy.
- My favorite place to feed my addiction to buy indoor, outdoor plants, and garden decorating. They have a great plant AND specialty soil select. Soil bags come in multiple sizes for big and small projects.
When you can chase someone down, I find them more helpful than some of the other local nurseries.
- Good for anyone on the north end. I find their delivered bulk products to be expensive, but if you're in a pinch, they are a good option. The store also has supplies for ponds/fountains if you have any built into your landscape.
- Super cute little plant shop. It's a bit on the pricier side, but I love to just roam and take pictures. It's close to my apartment and a great option if you don't have a car to get to other cheaper nurseries when you want a plant pick-me-up!
- Our absolute favorite spot for picking up beautiful and interesting plants.
- Every time I visit Bainbridge (which is about 6 times a year as my beloved hair stylist and dentist are there), I always add a few extra hours of time to visit Bainbridge Island Gardens. Lovely indoor and outdoor plants (that are always happy and healthy), garden supplies and pots for my houseboat garden.
- If you are looking for a great nursery in the South End, skip the big box stores and head to Carpinito's in Kent! They have beautiful flowers and landscape plants, and always have the best plant starts for your veggie garden - my Home Depot starts usually fail....Staff is always friendly and helpful too!