- If I'm not sitting at my computer, there's a decent chance I'm at the kitchen counter, and there it's all about the knife. For a long time I had a bunch of cheap crappy knives and one lone Global knife that I received as a gift. Since then, I've gradually built up my collection to the point where...
- A high quality knife set at a reasonable price
- I've been using Global Knives for years! They are beautiful in their bamboo block on the counter and they grip quite well. I have sharpened them a few times (using my own sharpening block) and they become razor sharp once more. Great longevity! I have cooked well over a thousand meals with these ...
- By far the best knife I have used and owned. Light weight it can easily cut through a gourd or a delicately slice a tomato. It stays sharp longer then any of the other knives I have owned.
- I'm a big fan of "spend a bit more for stuff you use a lot"-- and I probably went a bit too far with these knives. I tried them out in a store and found that each "level" of the knives cut amazingly well-- so you can definitely get the cheaper miyabi knives and do just fine. But I kinda fell in l...
- If you're a fan of fresh bread and are always scrambling for the right knife to carve off a slice, THIS IS THE ONE! I bought mine from a baker and it's superb! Top quality, super sharp, and lasted for years.
- Prepping veg, meat, herbs, allium, etc for meal construction is one of my favorite things in the world. So when I get stuck with crappy knives, it seriously messes with my happiness. Shun knives are beautiful, hold their edge, and boast incredible balance and just enough heft. My only regret is t...
Amy Posner Wolff
- Cutco knives are absolutely the best kitchen knives! I also have the shears which will cut through almost anything. You can purchase them online, sometimes at Costco, but I love supporting the independent reps who are usually young adults in or just out of college.
- We've had our Cutco knives for YEARS and they are seriously the BEST. The dinner steak knives in silver are so great for all meats, and they LOOK great on the table! Highly recommend - worth every penny!
- Our knife block set has served us very well over the years and has a blade for all my culinary needs. I favour a Santoku Knife, which it comes with, as well as bread, paring etc. They sharpen easily and have been my go-to utensils.
- This is a great knife for slicing bread, ripe tomatoes, or even steaks off the grill. It's also small enough that an older child can handle it easily (with proper supervision of course). It holds a sharpening super well for a long time too.
- The Mercer 8 inch serrated bread knife is my favorite bread knife. When I started baking during the pandemic I wanted a knife that could slice my sourdough thin enough for sandwiches, and this knife did, and still does, the trick.
- Ikea always comes through for me! If you are looking for inexpensive knives that work these are it! I have had this set for a year now and I use them every time I cook. I had people come over and use them and tell have they are really good!
- Hasu-Seizo is a local business in Seattle that manufactures Japanese knives in Osaka (the region where my partner is from). They're quality knives - looking to add more to our collection soon!