- I ordered a new dishwasher and had it installed by Frederick's. The sales person I worked with was knowledgeable, the install timeline short, and the installer was on time, friendly, and efficient. He got the job done quickly and without a mess. If you're anticipating needing a new appliance, now might be a good time to get one -- you'll already be home for the delivery :)
- Refrigerator and Convection/Microwave died on the same day...in the middle of a big dinner party OF COURSE...Fredericks made it super easy to replace everything in one day - Thank You! :)
- Asked them to come and fix or replace our Jennair glass radiant slidein oven/stovetop. The service guy that came, Travis G, was wonderful and very thoughtful and candid. He advised us not to repair the stove as the cost was too high and once we started repairing what was obviously broken, more components were likely to fail soon, based on the age of the unit. He could have simply done the repair and charged close to $1,000. then anticipated more work on it within a year, hence more revenue for his company. But instead he advised a better solution, with a better longer term result, avoiding wasting money. That's the kind of vendor problem solving I want to work with!!
Pepper's Personal Assistants
- Experience: Family owned and operated business for over 58 years. Peggy said "Good especially for Viking, Miele, lots of high end appliances." Bernice: has repaired my clients stove stop and fixed a wobbly dishwasher. Recommended by Kathy when client had to fix the light ignition in his stovetop. (Peggy & Bernice)
- We've hired Appliance Hospital a couple of times to service our washer/dryer in our rental property. They were able to respond/address quickly (important to the tenants and us) and the price was reasonable.
- Metropolitan Appliance is great. The owner helped me pick out my lower end Bosch dishwasher and said it was what his family had, he didn't try to upsell at all. They also helped me coordinate some stainless steel fabrication for a small commercial project I was a volunteer coordinating.
- They fixed my lil baby espresso machine in 2 weeks. They showed me what was broken, how it probably broke and how they fixed it. Then I immediately forgot. Nicest, smartest dudes ever. Thanks to them, I can now practice my fancy latte art at home.
- These guys have been out to work on my fridge. And my range. Several times. Both were under warranty, so I can't advise you on price. They were very competent and friendly. One guy even had to jump up and down on my (gigantic) range after it cemented itself to the cabinet due to wet paint.
- Mark repaired our Kitchen Aid dishwasher recently. He clearly knows what he is doing and not merely learning on the job as is the case with many of the franchise outfits. His prices were reasonable, he was very efficient, was careful to clean up all traces of his efforts and was a nice guy to boot. I highly recommended Mark.
Ask for Recommendations
Need help finding the right appliance specialist? Ask your friends.
This seems like the best forum for consumer reporting! We are in the market for a new vacuum. We are a family of 5 with a cat and soon to be dog ow...
21 days ago
Thank you all! The Miele topped the chart. However, we decided on the Shark (which is what we are replacing). Our house cleaners use this and we thought it would be a better investment as it will get a lot of wear and tear. We will have to replace more frequently. Again, thank you as this was so helpful.
Murphy's Law: the dishwasher dies the day out-of-town guests arrive. The appliance repair person (Mark Wiseman) said to cut my losses and get a new...
25 days ago
Wow, thanks everyone for the recommendations! I had no idea people felt so strongly about their dishwashers, but now that I’m feeling the pain I can see why. Some trends emerged from this crowd: Bosch was most recommended (about 40% of the recommendations), followed by Miele and then KitchenAid. All four pros I talked to recommended Bosch, too. I ended up choosing the Bosch 800 series based the drying method and a couple other features.
I purchased from Frederick’s in Bellevue (thanks, @Shannon!) I called three stores to check pricing and install timeframe. All were roughly the same on price, but Frederick’s had the first available install (Friday) plus half off installation costs ($90). Albert Lee was a month out on installation (yikes). Maybe with everyone home from work, people are scheduling things to be installed? Anyway, thanks again!