- Simply Desserts on Fremont Ave makes amazing cakes with enough notice. We are always happy with their service.
- Best desserts ever -- favorite and the way to my dessert heart is the white chocolate strawberry cake. We use it for birthdays. We had them for both our wedding cake and the groom's cake. Divine.
- Got two slices of the most delicious cakes ever! We tried the Lemon Coconut Cake and the Peanut Butter Chocolate one. She was so nice, even gave us a birthday candle because we forgot to get some!
- Borracchini's is a great place to get custom cakes made. We are always happy with our orders, good tasting, fresh, tons of design choices.
- We’ve had good luck with Borracchini’s, they are great for custom decorated cakes. The cakes are moist and not too dense, and they have a delicious filling layer with flavors such as strawberry, chocolate, and lemon.
- The only cake my mom will accept on her birthday is Remo's! They're pretty great.
- Wow. I had a chocolate cake at a friend's birthday that was made by Rosellini's, and it was fantastic. Simple, moist, not too sweet, delicious chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. It was so good I had to ask where they got it from. I will go there for my next celebration cake or just 'cuz ;)
- I try to look away when I pass their storefront...and yet I always seem to end up walking inside and getting something. Usually a macaron, which they have in some of the most creative flavors around.
Ask for Recommendations
Need help finding the right bakery? Ask your friends.
i got a beautiful cake for my husbands 50th from Taryn Smith (tarynhatesveggies) instagram
Yummy House in Chinatown (no, i don't care if i'm supposed to call it The International District, LOLOL). The cakes are Hong Kong style. That means they are not too sickening sweet. They are light and fluffy. And they have all kinds of other Asian pastries and baked goods. Like the Hot Dog Bun. Literally a hot dog in a baked pastry. I can eat several of these in one sitting.
Hi, FC friends - what's your favorite bakery for custom decorated cakes? I've used Madison Park Bakery in the past...they do a nice job on the desi...
8 months ago
If you're following this thread, thought I'd share the pricing information I got for all of these recommendations:
Baked - Min order $350 (very fancy & cool Food Network type stuff!) Regent - No prices online, not sure if they do decorating Simply Desserts - Cakes are ~$50, no listed price for decorating Hoffman’s - 8” round - $50, no listed price for decorating Sugar Bakery - 8” round - $55 + printed decoration addl $20 Borrachinni’s - 8” round - $23 + basic decoration addl $13 Seatown Sweets - 8” round with decorations $68 (classic flavor) Amy Cakes - 8" round - $29, with elaborate decorations up to $125
Deep Sea Sugar and Salt in Georgetown is the best cake in town. They don't do written messages, though, just flowers or other customize-able decor options. Some flavors are lighter, others more rich.
Huge vote for HoneyCrumb cakes. They've made our wedding cake and our first anniversary cake. They're GORGEOUS and omg don't even get me started on the sugar flowers they create. They are something else. honeycrumb.com