- I needed a non-toxic way to prevent sugar ants from invading my house since we have two dogs and two cats. They were very responsive and were able to come out quickly. The guy who came respected social distancing and wore a mask, which I appreciated.
- We had a massive ant problem a few years ago. Every summer they would come out in the thousands in our front yard, and eventually find ways into our house. We hired Western and have never seen them since. They come by every other month.
Ali White MacBeth
- Western Exterminator has reasonable prices and easy to work with.
- Responsive and somewhat flexible on pricing. They recommend a repeating service every quarter, but they'll also do a one-time service. We had both ant and rat problems that they resolved.
- Dominion Pest Control got rid of the rats in our attic and they don't seem to have come back.
I'm looking for a service that will come by every few months to remove spider webs from the exterior of our house. I know that Ecoshield provides t...
5 months ago
We have used Western Exterminator for a few years. They come by every 2 months for spider and ant control. Not sure if they remove spider webs from the exterior of the house but they can treat for spiders freshchalk.com/western-exte...
In term of clearning, we have used Evergreen freshchalk.com/evergreen-wi... to clean all our exterior windows, roof, siding and trim as well as stone patio and driveway / walkways every year. They do screens and window sashes etc as well.
Have you ever seen one of these? It’s the size of a basket ball and really scary. I looked online and the DIY is to go late at night, plug the hole...
6 months ago
I also used Parkers Eco Pest Control. They took care of our ants, but they also sprayed around our house and we’ve found this year to have fewer mosquitos and wasps.
We use Eagle Pest Eliminators and they are really great. We had one of these hornet's nests too - they got rid of it and they never came back. We've also used them for ants and rats - eek!
PS - we tried the late at night - spraying with over the counter spray and the little buggers rebuilt that nest within a day or so!!
You can also try Eastside Bee Removal. He is all about humanely getting rid of bees - and that's all they do. So they're experts. :)
Does anyone have a recommendation for someone who can provide an organic treatment for ants. As it gets warmer, we tend to get sugar/protein ants i...
11 months ago
I've tried organic solutions before with mixed results at best. The only one I haven't tried is the diatomaceous earth, but your report is not encouraging. At the moment we use borax. You can make the traps at home or buy at the store. It's not toxic or carcinogenic. Don't eat it, though. I try not to put a trap where my dog can reach.
My challenge is that I keep bees and almost all of the chemical treatments are not bee friendly.