- Used Wrench for the first time this weekend after giving up driving all the way to the dealership in Ballard, where I usually get service work done. Price was cheaper than the dealership and on-par with Jiffy Lube (this was for an oil/filter change). They had to reschedule my service from the time I requested, but they offered several alternatives and gave me a 10% discount. The mechanic was super nice and offered some helpful tips. Overall a very good experience.
- Mobile mechanics that come to your home or work. Reputable guys, great service.
- Having work done on your car at your house while you're getting other things is such a refreshing change. Better yet, you can book in advance on your phone and know when they'll be starting. Have used Wrench multiple times on multiple cars and highly recommend them.
- Amazingly organized/communicative mechanics with mostly female mechanics.
- My dear friend, Eli Allison, owns/operates Repair Revolution. His staff is incredibly helpful and the service that they provide has exceeded my expectations. I just recommended RR to a friend at work and she was also thrilled with their work and customer service.
- Found this gem of a company and they are honest, charge fair rates, don't try to sell you on anything and look out for your best interest.
- I’ve been taking my BMW to Lance for over 10 years. I trust him implicitly. My car will be 20 yrs old on 1/31/19. Lance gets credit for at least half of that!
- Lance is all business, no nonsense. When I don’t feel like getting jacked by the dealer, Lance takes great care of my car.
- Fat City have been taking care of my 1999 Mercedes ML320 with about 180k miles on it for the last few years. They know how to keep it running without charging me for unnecessary repairs. They also are prompt and reliable, which I really appreciate.
- Imagine a mechanic that's transparent about pricing, great about communicating when work will be done, and gives you spot-on guidance about work that you can put off. Yup, that's these guys. Oh, and you get a car wash too.
- Car Tender is a solid dealer alternative - cheaper than the dealer, great to work with.
- Had to fix the A/C in my VW. Had a great experience! First, they were very communicative, quick to answer the phone, and were able to give me an estimate quickly. Second, they were less expensive than I was expecting. And they were able to work around my schedule and get the service done on time with no unexpected costs.
34th Street Garage, 2410 34th Ave W, Seattle • Magnolia
- They are super conscientious and honest. Every car that I've taken there as come back better than it was when I took it in. They even have a machine shop on site, so if they can't find a part, they just make it. I have old, weird cars and these guys fix them all.
- I have used this shop four times. These guys are great. You may get sticker shock but that is because they fix things the right way.
Anyone have experience replacing a 2014+ BMW battery? The local dealership is quoting way more than I expect. It's the first time I've had to repla...
6 months ago
@mattgambo It's been a while since I've last been, but I recommend Signature Independent in Kirkland. The guys know their stuff, prices were reasonable, and they were trustworthy. freshchalk.com/signature-in...
I dont have a BMW, but AAA came out and changed the battery in my Chrysler which required jacking it up and going through the wheel well. They did it right on the street in front of my car for $140, I think
Stone's Garage is great. They work on my Porsches and do beautiful work! Every time I am in there, they have BMWs and Audis lined up. They're fair, honest, reliable, personal, and are just nice people.