- Used Wrench for the first time this weekend after giving up driving all the way to the dealership in Ballard, where I usually get service work done. Price was cheaper than the dealership and on-par with Jiffy Lube (this was for an oil/filter change). They had to reschedule my service from the time I requested, but they offered several alternatives and gave me a 10% discount. The mechanic was super nice and offered some helpful tips. Overall a very good experience.
- And during the pandemic, I think it's especially great because they come out to your house.
- I have used Wrench in the past when my car wouldn't start. Instead of me doing trial and error on the problem, running back and forth to the parts store the Wrench tech came and quickly resolved the issue. Great service.
- I love love love the folx at RR! Eli and their team are fantastic! They are honest, fair and educating. They operate with radical honesty, transparency and are striving to change the way folx experience car repair and maintenance.
I love their diverse, multi-gendered team and fantastic wait lobby with coffee, tea and snacks- great for working, reading and waiting.
They also offer Workshops so you can learn about caring for your car and DIY maintenance.
RR is LGBTQ owned and operated, and they give back a minimum of 5 percent annual profits into the community.
- Amazingly organized/communicative mechanics with mostly female mechanics.
- My dear friend, Eli Allison, owns/operates Repair Revolution. His staff is incredibly helpful and the service that they provide has exceeded my expectations. I just recommended RR to a friend at work and she was also thrilled with their work and customer service.
1216 S Weller St, Seattle • International District
- Steve and Curtis are two brothers that LOVE cars and are super knowledgeable, good human beings. I trust them completely with any vehicle. I think they have a special love for BMW's especially. ;)
- Cmarr is like your cousins shop-personal service. Call them ahead for quotes.
- They are extremely fair, honest and knowledgeable.
- Peace van rentals here in Seattle will rent you a fully kitted out vw van (they have several generations of them so you can go retro or more modern). You can choose different packages depending on how much of your own gear you have vs having them supply everything. Great folks.
- I just had a bunch of work done on my ageing Vanagon by PeaceVans. Brakes are bigger and better than ever, and fuel should be staying in the tank where it belongs. I started out with their "inspection", which was a fairly complete run-down of the state of my van for just under $300. The mechanic highlighted some deferred maintenance, reaffirmed some things I knew, pointed out a few new things that I should probably take care ofI was tuned in to the potential for mission creep or opening the door to all kinds of things that need work. It is a 28 year old vehicle after all. But I didn't get that from Peace Vans. I spent several hours with Adam at PeaceVans going over the review - and he came up with several options with cost. They are not the cheapest - but their prices are fairly in-line with other shops I've gone to. They did the work on-time and for the budgeted cost, I am happy with all of the interactions, and everything seems to be working well. They clearly love VW campers and once I save more money I will likely get more work done!
- I’ve been taking my BMW to Lance for over 10 years. I trust him implicitly. My car will be 20 yrs old on 1/31/19. Lance gets credit for at least half of that!
- Lance is all business, no nonsense. When I don’t feel like getting jacked by the dealer, Lance takes great care of my car.
- Fat City have been taking care of my 1999 Mercedes ML320 with about 180k miles on it for the last few years. They know how to keep it running without charging me for unnecessary repairs. They also are prompt and reliable, which I really appreciate.
- Imagine a mechanic that's transparent about pricing, great about communicating when work will be done, and gives you spot-on guidance about work that you can put off. Yup, that's these guys. Oh, and you get a car wash too.
- Car Tender is a solid dealer alternative - cheaper than the dealer, great to work with.
- Had to fix the A/C in my VW. Had a great experience! First, they were very communicative, quick to answer the phone, and were able to give me an estimate quickly. Second, they were less expensive than I was expecting. And they were able to work around my schedule and get the service done on time with no unexpected costs.
34th Street Garage, 2410 34th Ave W, Seattle • Magnolia
- They are super conscientious and honest. Every car that I've taken there as come back better than it was when I took it in. They even have a machine shop on site, so if they can't find a part, they just make it. I have old, weird cars and these guys fix them all.
- I have used this shop four times. These guys are great. You may get sticker shock but that is because they fix things the right way.
- This is where I take my Saab. Saabs are the weirdest cars - the engines are mounted backwards and the hood opens backwards, and that’s just the beginning. What I love about Scanwest is that the owner Rob used to be the most winning pro race car driver for the Saab racing team. This guy is amazing - he knows everything there is to know about these cars. He understands their quirks. I trust his integrity and honesty and common sense.
Karren A Schafer
- The only place to go if you have a Saab. Not literally, but the only place you should go as they are the best.
Post a Question
Need help finding the right auto mechanic? Ask your friends.