- Used Wrench for the first time this weekend after giving up driving all the way to the dealership in Ballard, where I usually get service work done. Price was cheaper than the dealership and on-par with Jiffy Lube (this was for an oil/filter change). They had to reschedule my service from the time I requested, but they offered several alternatives and gave me a 10% discount. The mechanic was super nice and offered some helpful tips. Overall a very good experience.
- And during the pandemic, I think it's especially great because they come out to your house.
- I have used Wrench in the past when my car wouldn't start. Instead of me doing trial and error on the problem, running back and forth to the parts store the Wrench tech came and quickly resolved the issue. Great service.
- I am not passionate about getting my car washed. That said, Pink Elephant does a good job, it is worth the money, and everyone else is no better than relying on rain. Also, the Deny Triangle liquor store is next to their downtown location, one of the nicer selections in Seattle.
- I have purchased all the tires for the many cars I have had. They also offer a great deal on brake work and batteries with up to a 7 year warranty on most services.
- They have patched multiple tires for free for me. Sold me tires without trying to up sell and are quick and thorough.
- If you aren't from the NW you may not be familiar with Les Schwab. They used to give away free beef years ago to customers, kind of a NW tradition. The service, warranty, and additional support they supply for their shocks, struts, tires, and rims are unmatched by dealerships or small mechanic shops. I have taken every car there since I could drive for those four purchases.
- Amazingly organized/communicative mechanics with mostly female mechanics.
- My dear friend, Eli Allison, owns/operates Repair Revolution. His staff is incredibly helpful and the service that they provide has exceeded my expectations. I just recommended RR to a friend at work and she was also thrilled with their work and customer service.
- Found this gem of a company and they are honest, charge fair rates, don't try to sell you on anything and look out for your best interest.
- Steve and Curtis are two brothers that LOVE cars and are super knowledgeable, good human beings. I trust them completely with any vehicle. I think they have a special love for BMW's especially. ;)
- Cmarr is like your cousins shop-personal service. Call them ahead for quotes.
- They are extremely fair, honest and knowledgeable.
It's that time! Our daughter is fifteen and at some point she'll want to do more than TikTok.
Ideally located near Columbia City/Seward Park, unles...
12 days ago
Our 15 year old daughter is in the middle of this now. We're using Defensive Driving School out of the U-district. So it may not be the closest to you, but during covid, everything she's done so far has been online classes. Next step is to schedule her five drives. We've been happy with them so far. Good luck!
Thanks for the info. So far I'm hearing: - Defensive Driving School - Swerve - 911 - RoadSafe
Both my kids have done the Defensive Driving through the Mercer Island location. The big bonus is that it is a safe place to learn to drive. It is really a quick drive across the bridge, no parking issues and you can get some errands done while you are there. Bonus!
I'm looking for local independent shops in the Green Lake/Roosevelt/Phinney/Ballard/Greenwood area like Larsons or All Volvo. Or has anyone tried y...
3 months ago
Hi Kim - I haven't used yourmechanic.com but I have recommended Wrench, which I think is a similar concept. Just this weekend, though, I had a car emergency. I ultimately took it to Ken at Village Auto near UVillage. He was very friendly and solved the problem quickly.
I would second Wrench for mobile service. They are a local startup. If you want a standard mechanic shop, Superior Auto on Leary is very good and trustworthy (although probably not the cheapest). If you have just one issue and you know what it is the mobile option is a good one.