- They did a solid job installing central air in my home. The post-install inspection process was a bit of a mess (unclear what was happening when and if someone needed to be home) but otherwise good work.
- They did a nice job with my attic AC install. There were bumps along the way, but they fixed the problems quickly and threw in some free maintenance to smooth things over. Clearly they care about the customer.
- Prompt response to water heater issue/questions on a Sunday morning. Gave a quote for a new heater via text message Sunday afternoon. Installed beautifully Tuesday!
- I’ve used them for a gas furnace, central air, duct work, an on-demand water heater, and mini-split for an ADU. They’re not the cheapest but they’ve always been thorough, accurate, and have good people. They have a maintenance plan which does save you money on their prices, and I don’t have to worry about remembering when I have to do maintenance.
- Gene Johnson Plumbers saved the day when a broken shower caused a meltdown among AirBnb guests in one of our rentals. Understandably! A team came the same day we called and since they happened to have an opening, they didn't even charge us a 'rush fee', which I have never seen before when working with other companies. Also, everyone I've met who works there is a perfect gentleman, which is never a bad thing.
- I really liked Marcus, the tech we worked with - he's a great guy. He did a lot of things he technically didn’t have to do in order to do the job right.
- More of a pre-review at this point. These guys are working with Costco and a water heater supplier to offer a commercial grade water heater through Costco for residential installation. I'm thinking of using them.
if y'all have thoughts and opinions of working with them, then please share. thanks!
p.s. water heaters and all the related work to get them replaced in a residential setting... expensive! (maybe part of the reason why it only happens every decade or so)
Pepper's Personal Assistants
- Experience: They were quick and courteous and respectful of my client's home. Also has emergency services (Danielle 2/2019)
- Bob's helped my elderly mother with replacement of a water heater. They were honest and efficient. We have had experiences in past w/other companies that try to take advantage of the elderly. They were excellent!
Wondering what everyone thinks of adding air filtration to their central air, and if the allergens in Seattle are worth the investment? Curious to ...
about 23 hours ago
You want to make sure to change the filters every 90 days. When I lived in Texas ours were really gross after just a few months. I would hate to have been breathing all that in unnecessarily.
As the pool rehab project continues, next step is to install a new gas heater... which means extending a gas line out to our garage where the pump ...
4 days ago
Hey @amd, I just called and Blue Flame answered the phone. I suppose maybe they got acquired?
Hi Robert, I am not sure what phone number we had for Energy Works, but I have corrected it in our system. Try this number- 425.409.5661. I apologize for the confusion. Thanks for the call out!
Thanks, @meredf , I called the new number. Found out that the guy who founded Blue Flame sold it and started a new company, Energy Works. I set up an site visit for next week.