- We just signed up for Ridwell and are so excited about it. The kids are even getting involved! I love not feeling guilty about disposing of plastic film, batteries, and more the wrong way. Phew.
- Great way to responsibly recycle old batteries, build and those guilt-inducing styrofoam blocks. Local business, just getting started.
- Recently signed up and have already had two pickups. The plastic and threads bag is always full and Iove the rotating categories like back to school supplies, non perishable food etc.
- Sara is friendly and easygoing, and is particularly good at helping small spaces feel open and organized.
- Sara is AMAZING! She's a great listener, she has spectacular vision and she knows everyone YOU need to know. Her design projects speak for themselves and her organizing tips and tricks are second to none. She has a very large skill set, she can do anything! If your house needs remodeled or refreshed call her immediately.
- They did a solid job installing central air in my home. The post-install inspection process was a bit of a mess (unclear what was happening when and if someone needed to be home) but otherwise good work.
- They did a nice job with my attic AC install. There were bumps along the way, but they fixed the problems quickly and threw in some free maintenance to smooth things over. Clearly they care about the customer.
- Prompt response to water heater issue/questions on a Sunday morning. Gave a quote for a new heater via text message Sunday afternoon. Installed beautifully Tuesday!
- These guys are simply fantastic. They are also very expensive but worth every $. Their attention to detail, follow-up and desire to get it right are amazing. When anything is a miss they correct it in the moment. They provide daily written reports of their work and a final check through. Fantastic employees.
- Alejandro is the horse whisperer of wall prep for painting. He's incredibly skilled and dedicated to his craft. If you have a gig that you really, really want done well, these guys can help.
Steven A. Chayer
- Queen Anne will travel to your neighborhood and they are an excellent long-time Seattle painting firm. I was in the business for 40 years and I respected the work they did.
- My family loves Swansons and we go there several times a year. They put on a great show for the kids. Before Halloween we bring the kids for the little hay maze. During the holidays we visit for Curly the camel, the reindeer, Santa, and the train set. It has a special place in our family history due to all the photos we've taken. Fun!
- Fantastic professionals. I've come here with sad little plant leaves trying to diagnose what the heck is going on with my plants. The team is super helpful at figuring out the problem and giving me reasonable solutions. Don't forget their #askswanson Twitter hashtag so you can ask questions via Twitter.
- Incredibly knowledgable and helpful on all things from questions to garden inspiration. Their cafe and gift shop are wonderful, and a great place to visit. We are there almost every weekend with our small children!
- I just started working with Kelly based on the recommendation from Sara Eizen. She's been helping me get my new house in working order and it seems like she can do it all. She's super friendly and flexible and has already saved me lots of headaches. Highly recommended!
- Who says a handyman has to be a man? The Fixit Sisters are GREAT handywoman!!!
- They have done a bunch of electrical work for us and have worked out really well.
- I needed some GFCI outlets installed and my breaker panel looked at. The outlets were a quick change and the electrician gave me lots of info about the panel. He could have recommended changing it and I probably would have done it, but it's a big expense and gave me his honest opinion that it probably doesn't need to be changed, but that I should keep an eye on it. I appreciate that he told my what he would do if it was his house.
Wondering what everyone thinks of adding air filtration to their central air, and if the allergens in Seattle are worth the investment? Curious to ...
2 days ago
You want to make sure to change the filters every 90 days. When I lived in Texas ours were really gross after just a few months. I would hate to have been breathing all that in unnecessarily.
Yes, you should use filters and spend a few minutes picking the right one. You want to get a filter that can handle Seattle's wildfire smoke, and if you spend a bit more it'll even filter out many viruses. Never thought that would be important...
Higher MERV numbers will cost a bit more and put a bit more strain to your HVAC. I would categorize filters as generally pretty cheap, though, and modern HVAC should be able to handle the load. Last summer we put in Nordic Pure MERV 12 for wildfire smoke. This summer we are using MERV 14 to minimize virus exposure. I had to order those directly from Nordic Pure since Amazon didn't carry our filter size.
As the pool rehab project continues, next step is to install a new gas heater... which means extending a gas line out to our garage where the pump ...
6 days ago
Hey @amd, I just called and Blue Flame answered the phone. I suppose maybe they got acquired?
Hi Robert, I am not sure what phone number we had for Energy Works, but I have corrected it in our system. Try this number- 425.409.5661. I apologize for the confusion. Thanks for the call out!
Thanks, @meredf , I called the new number. Found out that the guy who founded Blue Flame sold it and started a new company, Energy Works. I set up an site visit for next week.
We are considering painting the exterior of our 1932 stucco house. It's never been painted, and the stucco is in good shape. I want to look at gett...
7 days ago
Hello Kristy. Having owned several older homes myself (including my current 1927) I very, very highly recommend Hector Samayoa. Hector's team is not only extremely professional, they do all the little things that many, many other painters won't. First off, no sprays. Never. They only brush and role. You will notice the difference, believe me. Second off, the prep they do to tapping everything off carefully is second to none. I can say without a doubt that our last home sold for about 25% above list almost completely due to the paint job that Hector did inside and out. His number is: (206) 432-1748 freshchalk.com/hector-samay...