- We just signed up for Ridwell and are so excited about it. The kids are even getting involved! I love not feeling guilty about disposing of plastic film, batteries, and more the wrong way. Phew.
- Great way to responsibly recycle old batteries, build and those guilt-inducing styrofoam blocks. Local business, just getting started.
- Recently signed up and have already had two pickups. The plastic and threads bag is always full and Iove the rotating categories like back to school supplies, non perishable food etc.
- Sara is friendly and easygoing, and is particularly good at helping small spaces feel open and organized.
- Sara is AMAZING! She's a great listener, she has spectacular vision and she knows everyone YOU need to know. Her design projects speak for themselves and her organizing tips and tricks are second to none. She has a very large skill set, she can do anything! If your house needs remodeled or refreshed call her immediately.
- They did a solid job installing central air in my home. The post-install inspection process was a bit of a mess (unclear what was happening when and if someone needed to be home) but otherwise good work.
- They did a nice job with my attic AC install. There were bumps along the way, but they fixed the problems quickly and threw in some free maintenance to smooth things over. Clearly they care about the customer.
- Prompt response to water heater issue/questions on a Sunday morning. Gave a quote for a new heater via text message Sunday afternoon. Installed beautifully Tuesday!
- These guys are simply fantastic. They are also very expensive but worth every $. Their attention to detail, follow-up and desire to get it right are amazing. When anything is a miss they correct it in the moment. They provide daily written reports of their work and a final check through. Fantastic employees.
- Alejandro is the horse whisperer of wall prep for painting. He's incredibly skilled and dedicated to his craft. If you have a gig that you really, really want done well, these guys can help.
Steven A. Chayer
- Queen Anne will travel to your neighborhood and they are an excellent long-time Seattle painting firm. I was in the business for 40 years and I respected the work they did.
- I needed some GFCI outlets installed and my breaker panel looked at. The outlets were a quick change and the electrician gave me lots of info about the panel. He could have recommended changing it and I probably would have done it, but it's a big expense and gave me his honest opinion that it probably doesn't need to be changed, but that I should keep an eye on it. I appreciate that he told my what he would do if it was his house.
- They have done a bunch of electrical work for us and have worked out really well.
Jessica M Shapiro
- Mirsky Electric did a complete knob and tube replacement in our home. They also upgraded the electrical panel and meter, and wired for low voltage data and speakers. They were great with scheduling and communications leading up to and during the project (thank you Matt).
The crew were professional, fast, and were great communicators. The work was finished ahead of schedule and on budget.
- My family loves Swansons and we go there several times a year. They put on a great show for the kids. Before Halloween we bring the kids for the little hay maze. During the holidays we visit for Curly the camel, the reindeer, Santa, and the train set. It has a special place in our family history due to all the photos we've taken. Fun!
- Fantastic professionals. I've come here with sad little plant leaves trying to diagnose what the heck is going on with my plants. The team is super helpful at figuring out the problem and giving me reasonable solutions. Don't forget their #askswanson Twitter hashtag so you can ask questions via Twitter.
- Hands down the best quality plants in Seattle. Very pleasant shopping experience. Appropriately priced!
- I’ve used them for a gas furnace, central air, duct work, an on-demand water heater, and mini-split for an ADU. They’re not the cheapest but they’ve always been thorough, accurate, and have good people. They have a maintenance plan which does save you money on their prices, and I don’t have to worry about remembering when I have to do maintenance.
@Alvin what is the nature of your project? I ask b/c we have some concrete (stained) pavers that need some repair work and we also have interest in resurfacing our walkway and driveway. Casually looking for professionals...
Hey Troy. I have a concrete pad and concrete walkway on my property that are really old that have cracked and sagged and I want to fix them up now. Resurfacing seems possible but I don’t know for sure if it is a short term fix vs just removing it and then fixing it by laying down new concrete.
We have a 1943 house and NONE of the doors close properly :( We have got a few quotes that seem way high. Hoping for a new front door with a storm ...
4 days ago
I don't have a recommendation per se, but just had a French and double entry door install done (or still waiting to be done) by Home Depot and I would recommend NOT using them. Terrible mfg. partners and installation vendors. Just a PSA for the community.
During hard rains water pools up in front of our garage. There's a drainage pipe that goes to the back of the house, but water just pools up there....
4 days ago
Hey Ryan, I had much the same problem with our home when I first moved in. In fact, I probably have the exact same garage picture somewhere. What I would say about the garage drain is that these often get built without the appropriate slope to drive the water into a drain - and those drains almost always need to be cleaned even with a debris screen every year. For your gate area, someone needs to dig a trench, put in a pipe -at the right angle and either drain somewhere where it will naturally go to run off or into the sewer. I rented a ditch digger, dug a trench, bought PVC pipe that I drilled holes into (that was fun) and covered those with screens that I glued on and then covered with very lightweight landscape paper to reduce debris. I can say its a lot easier to do when its not raining. If you want to hire, look up drainage contractors.
Try Wu Construction, they specialize in drainage and foundation work.
I need to do an appraisal for some land in Thurston county for estate tax purposes. It is raw land with no buildings on it.
about 3 hours ago
Hi Edward- Check with Diffenderfer & Associates, I think they might be able to help you with that type of appraisal.
One more from a reliable source, Kairos Appraisal Services. Hope this helps!
UPDATE: I just spoke to Brian Ahren and unfortunately, he does not service Thurston County. That said, I'd still recommend him for areas he does service!
I'd also recommend Ahren's Co Appraisal Services. They are located in Magnolia and Brian is a great guy! Note that on the business profile page the Yelp review (1 star) is not for the Magnolia business, but rather a similar company name in Colorado (I reported to the FC team). freshchalk.com/ahrens-co-ap...
I'm looking for a landscape contractor (landscape architect or designer) that is RainWise certified with the city to install a rain garden in my ya...
7 days ago
@Marston Could you help educate the newbies here? What does it mean to "tie in" more of your roof? How does the city pay for it?
Rainwise is a city sponsored program. They contract with lots of companies who will come out and measure the size of each roof section and estimate how much water will go from your roof to the downspouts that you tie into the cisterns. I have 3 - 650 gallon. If the size, pitch of your roof ties into rain gutters they will determine how many gallons of water you can save. If it meets some minimum threshold, city pays for pretty much everything. You have to sign docs that you won’t disengage. We had to tie more roof into ours to qualify. City didn’t pay for that bit. So subcontractor addd some gutters to tie out stand alone garage to the house.
Wait, is this a thing? Marston, take a pic and try our new photo feature! I want to see your rain garden. This might be just the project to brighten up the covid fall.