- Located in Fremont center, Theo Chocolate has been producing an amazing array of chocolate-based treats for many years now (and you can sign up to tour their factory). They make a stunning/custom replica of both a Snickers Bar[TM] and a Butterfinger[TM].
- Your mom doesn’t have Zoom fatigue yet. If she is like my mother, nothing would be finer than getting shipped a pound of chocolate and being instructed to eat it while learning about it in a Zoom workshop. Theo’s is great and more important in the world of chocolate, they also lead with ethics. Look it up. I won’t bum you out here, I’ll just say, “buy the best chocolate you can from people who care about the world,” that’s a reason to pick Theo’s. And moms love activities.
- I had the excuse to visit Sweet Mickey's in preparation for our October Karmadays event. Never has my willpower to avoid sweets been tested like this. They literally have walls of delicious and whimsical treats in every variety to choose from, and the employees are lovely and welcoming. The store will pack up and ship gifts all over the country, too, which was a great way to celebrate Halloween this year with my extended family. If you find yourself in Ballard, check this place out!
- Love this shop! So many favorite candies presented in a fun and cheerful way. Great trip with the kid to pick out his favorite treats.
- The running joke in our family is that my husband won me over by leaving candy on my desk each time I would leave for meetings. It's safe to say that I've passed my love of candy on to my kids and there's nothing they savor more than a trip to The Confectionery at University Village. At the shop you'll find everything from traditional candy to artisanal chocolates, cards and gifts. The chocolate covered gummy bears are high on our list of favorites, but we can also be easily swayed by the bags of sour gummies and candy fruits. The Confectionery is independently owned by local mom Kristi Holmes.
- STRONG recommendation in my corner for Chocolat Vitale in Ballard. It is AMAZING. EVERYTHING IN THE STORE IS SO, SO GOOD. Highly recommend checking it out for all chocolate fanatics.