- Apollo feels like a good middle-ground between super fancy spas and the lower-end spots. They also have a better atmosphere than most and would be good for hosting a group (bachelorette, birthday, etc.)
- Lots of seats. Great color selection. Clean.
- Brandon is awesome for men's cuts; I've been going to him since I moved here in 2009. As he's the owner, you'd sure hope so — but he's an excellent guy who knows how to listen, interpret, and give you the exact cut you want with a little bit of flair. Shop has a chill vibe, is dog friendly, and a convenient Fremont location.
Pro Parking Tip: You can almost always parallel park free on Stone Way or Northlake, north and east of the shop, respectively. They're one hour max spots.
- Jenny and Brandon are amazing hair stylists and Jenny specializes in color.
- Brandon is old-school enough to get my Dad's seal of approval. He's good with kids and my wife has no complaints when I get home from one of my 1:1s with him.
- Adding my voice to the chorus—Melissa at Smooth Sugaring Studio is so good. Her technique makes the process nearly painless...I honestly didn't notice she was pulling my hair out until a few minutes in when it occurred to me it didn't hurt! She's skillful, professional, and a pleasure to talk with. Five stars!
- Cute little studio in Madison Park, have had nothing but good, professional service and results.
- I enjoy this beautiful location and have worked with a number of stylists - all of them did a great job.
- *Update* Kathryn is hanging up her shears at the end of 2019 (sad!). I will update this review to reflect the new stylists I will be trying out in 2020! Kathryn and Robbie are both terrific -been a client for many years!
- Dan is the man. Incredible style and professionalism.
- Those guys are awesome - you can get a beer there! I went there twice NOT to get a haircut, just to get a beer. They do great work and they’re not too expensive. It feels like a more local Rudy’s.